The Student Room Group

M&S notice period

I am coming up to my 3 month temporary contract with 10 days left till my last shift. I have not been told if I’m being kept on or not and from what I remember in my contract (can’t access it now) they should give me 2 weeks notice if I’m being kept on or not. Should they have told me if I am being kept or not?
Also how many days should I get holiday on my temp contract? I’ve only had 2 days holiday off so far.
Yes they should have told you about you either being kept on or letting you go at least a week or two before end of the temporary contract you are on .

I would suggest that you go and talk to your store manager asap and ask them what is happening with things. You should have been taken into the manager office and they discuss how you are doing or not and give you their decisions about your contract ending or perhaps extended longer or permanent contract.

Original post by SI1403
I am coming up to my 3 month temporary contract with 10 days left till my last shift. I have not been told if I’m being kept on or not and from what I remember in my contract (can’t access it now) they should give me 2 weeks notice if I’m being kept on or not. Should they have told me if I am being kept or not?
Also how many days should I get holiday on my temp contract? I’ve only had 2 days holiday off so far.

Holidays are calculated per rota over the whole year - example is if you work 3 day's per week you calculate it by 5.6 to get total amount of annual leave ( 16.8 day's plus any public holidays you may work added on ).

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending