The Student Room Group

End of year 12 predicted grades.

I’m stressing out about what I’m going to do for uni. In my march mocks I ended up with CDE. My end of year report my predicted grades are CCD and my target grades CCC ( my gcse grades are terrible due to my issues so my target grades are low too )

I want to do journalism or philosophy but I’m struggling to find unis that accept these grades without a foundation year. I don’t know how I’m going to convince my teachers to raise the grades but I do have mocks in September. But one of my teachers went on a rant about how she won’t be changing grades unless they’re an abundance of proof as to why she should etc and it’s worrying me. I don’t know anyone else with grades bad as mine all my friends are predicted A*s or Bs/Cs at most and I have to smile and now when we talk about applying to unis because as of now probably no uni will accept me. My plan is to grind over the summer. I was 2 marks away from a B in my best subject sociology ( I didn’t know there was an extra question so I lost marks in it). I know if I put full effort I can get an A in sociology. But im scared the teacher will see it as a fluke or something because I’ve been getting Cs consistently in year 12 and she’s really strict on changing predicteds. My other two subjects if I put effort I’m hopeful I can get Bs in the mocks. But what if it doesn’t work out? What if I’m stuck with terrible grades and I won’t ever get to go to uni? It will be so Embrassing on me infront of my friends and family.

Im scared my time to change grades has run out. Even if I do exceptionally well in mocks would the teachers be willing to move me from a predicted C to A? A D to a B atleast??
I feel like a failure and I m so depressed about it. My grades reflect my level. I had major fatigue from year 11 and thought I could slack on in year 12 and now this is where I have ended up. I don’t know what to do with myself.
Reply 1
Hi there, my best advice would be first calm down and take a moment to breathe. Everyone has ups and downs and sometimes those "downs" really have the worst timings.
I would suggest work hard for you mocks in September and if your confident about getting an A in sociology and Bs in your other subjects with the right amount of work put in then don't hesitate to do it. More importantly don't worry about how your teacher or parents or friends may react to that just remember that you did the best you could and your grades are the result of that.
Moreover, You still have year 13 so make sure you don't slack of there and work super hard and your actual grades will meet your predicted grades they may even be higher.
Don't stress and go for it.
Original post by TTAva2000
I’m stressing out about what I’m going to do for uni. In my march mocks I ended up with CDE. My end of year report my predicted grades are CCD and my target grades CCC ( my gcse grades are terrible due to my issues so my target grades are low too )

I want to do journalism or philosophy but I’m struggling to find unis that accept these grades without a foundation year. I don’t know how I’m going to convince my teachers to raise the grades but I do have mocks in September. But one of my teachers went on a rant about how she won’t be changing grades unless they’re an abundance of proof as to why she should etc and it’s worrying me. I don’t know anyone else with grades bad as mine all my friends are predicted A*s or Bs/Cs at most and I have to smile and now when we talk about applying to unis because as of now probably no uni will accept me. My plan is to grind over the summer. I was 2 marks away from a B in my best subject sociology ( I didn’t know there was an extra question so I lost marks in it). I know if I put full effort I can get an A in sociology. But im scared the teacher will see it as a fluke or something because I’ve been getting Cs consistently in year 12 and she’s really strict on changing predicteds. My other two subjects if I put effort I’m hopeful I can get Bs in the mocks. But what if it doesn’t work out? What if I’m stuck with terrible grades and I won’t ever get to go to uni? It will be so Embrassing on me infront of my friends and family.

Im scared my time to change grades has run out. Even if I do exceptionally well in mocks would the teachers be willing to move me from a predicted C to A? A D to a B atleast??
I feel like a failure and I m so depressed about it. My grades reflect my level. I had major fatigue from year 11 and thought I could slack on in year 12 and now this is where I have ended up. I don’t know what to do with myself.

Hey, I'm in the exact same position as you (I just got my grades back today and predicted CCD). I think the best thing to do moving forward right now would be to take a moment to breathe, talk to teachers to see if there's anything you can do about it (especially helpful if your teachers know you can work hard) and research for any unis that would be willing to take you in with those grades. Any updates on this post would be super helpful, good luck! <3

Quick Reply

Latest