The Student Room Group

ucas predicted grades

currently im in a bit of a situation where i think my ucas predicted grades will be bad. I didnt know they were a thing until end of year 12 and i did average on my year 12 mocks and got CDC for maths economics and computer science however now im revising everyday and hoping to achieve an A but i dont want to apply to uni’s with low ucas predicted grades so im not sure what to do, may take a gap year and re apply.
Reply 1
Original post by GoYardd
currently im in a bit of a situation where i think my ucas predicted grades will be bad. I didnt know they were a thing until end of year 12 and i did average on my year 12 mocks and got CDC for maths economics and computer science however now im revising everyday and hoping to achieve an A but i dont want to apply to uni’s with low ucas predicted grades so im not sure what to do, may take a gap year and re apply.

Do you have any mocks coming up where if your prove yourself, the school will adjust your UCAS predictions? If not, it might still be worth applying this year, to see if you get anything that you would be happy with, and even if you don't, you can go via clearing as there are a lot of good course available through clearing. Failing all that, you can then take a gap year.
(edited 7 months ago)
Hi @GoYardd,

I am sorry to hear you're concerned about your UCAS predicted grades.

Make sure to check the entry requirements for the universities and courses you are interested in as you could still be eligible.

I know others have spoked on this forum saying that they asked their teachers or mentors if they could up their predicted grades if they did extra reading, research or work. It might be worth trying to ask your teachers.

Clearing is always a good option as numerous courses still have available spaces; however, it is closing soon (I believe )end of Septmeber) so you would have to make a decision quickly.

Lastly, taking a gap year is also a good alternative as it would give you the time to study for your resits and prepare for university while also gaining new experiences or skills (e.g. applying for jobs or internships).

I hope I managed to help!

Best of luck,
Melanie
LSBU Rep
Reply 3
Original post by GoYardd

It's a bit late for you to know what they might be. Ask - you can't start to choose unis until you know.
Reply 4
Original post by lalexm
Do you have any mocks coming up where if your prove yourself, the school will adjust your UCAS predictions? If not, it might still be worth applying this year, to see if you get anything that you would be happy with, and even if you don't, you can go via clearing as there are a lot of good course available through clearing. Failing all that, you can then take a gap year.

yes i have mocks in less than 2 weeks and i am currently revising a lot for them but im still nervous that i wont do well in them and yeah ill see through clearing thank you
Reply 5
Original post by LSBU Student Rep
Hi @GoYardd,

I am sorry to hear you're concerned about your UCAS predicted grades.

Make sure to check the entry requirements for the universities and courses you are interested in as you could still be eligible.

I know others have spoked on this forum saying that they asked their teachers or mentors if they could up their predicted grades if they did extra reading, research or work. It might be worth trying to ask your teachers.

Clearing is always a good option as numerous courses still have available spaces; however, it is closing soon (I believe )end of Septmeber) so you would have to make a decision quickly.

Lastly, taking a gap year is also a good alternative as it would give you the time to study for your resits and prepare for university while also gaining new experiences or skills (e.g. applying for jobs or internships).

I hope I managed to help!

Best of luck,
Melanie
LSBU Rep

hi thank you for ur reply and yeah i am checking universities and there requirements everyday and seeing what uni's are optimal and about my teachers I actually did want to talk to my teachers all individually about school and mainly ucas predicted grades but i've been a bit nervous to ask and haven't yet asked but hopefully i will ask and see what they say as right now i'm trying to just earn the best grades i can, last year i was much more relaxed and free about school and didn't realise the importance and now i'm trying to make that change and hopefully i'm not late to it.
Reply 6
Original post by GoYardd
yes i have mocks in less than 2 weeks and i am currently revising a lot for them but im still nervous that i wont do well in them and yeah ill see through clearing thank you

Just focus on your mocks, see what UCAS predictions you end up with, and see from there. Whatever grades you are predicted, don't despair, as there are always lots of options.
Reply 7
Original post by lalexm
Just focus on your mocks, see what UCAS predictions you end up with, and see from there. Whatever grades you are predicted, don't despair, as there are always lots of options.

alright thank you so much, wish me all the best

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending