The Student Room Group

Selfish son

My son is very selfish he only thinks about himself. He does not think about us as family. For example we have decided to go to camping trip but he does not want to go. Because of him we cannot go anywhere we cannot leave him alone. It is not safe for us to leave him alone. We have sacrificed a lot for his benefits.
And this is what happens when children have children everyone
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous
My son is very selfish he only thinks about himself. He does not think about us as family. For example we have decided to go to camping trip but he does not want to go. Because of him we cannot go anywhere we cannot leave him alone. It is not safe for us to leave him alone. We have sacrificed a lot for his benefits.

Throw him in the dungeon!
Reply 3
You actually write like a 5 year old, maybe if you provided some context we would know the situation, but in my experience not everyone wants to go camping, and if he's a child or even a teenager, they won't have the mental fortitude to sacrifice their comfort for the sake of his families enjoyment. Accept that he's a child and that's how it is.
Reply 4
Original post by Rufyy
You actually write like a 5 year old, maybe if you provided some context we would know the situation, but in my experience not everyone wants to go camping, and if he's a child or even a teenager, they won't have the mental fortitude to sacrifice their comfort for the sake of his families enjoyment. Accept that he's a child and that's how it is.

It is actually not camping it is staying in a caravan trip. I am frustrated, can I leave my 17 year old at home. What should I do ?
Reply 5
Sounds like he won’t get sent to war because he’s a Fortunate Son.
It is actually not camping it is staying in a caravan trip. I am frustrated, can I leave my 17 year old at home. What should I do ?

Of course you can leave a 17 year old at home. Good grief!
Reply 7
You gotta be trolling
Reply 8

I left my 17 year old at home. As long as you feel confident enough he can look after himself cook clean doing washing then go and enjoy urself. My 17 now 18 year old does not want to go on holiday with us old fogies and why should she? I don’t think historical sight seeing is her thing. He’s quite within his rights to say he doesn’t want to do the family trips any more
Reply 9
NSPCC website suggests you can leave kids alone overnight once they’re 16. After all in UK they can join the army. As to what might happen if you go away on holiday, that’s another matter

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending