The Student Room Group

Parking

Wondering if anyone can help I was picking my son up from school. And I parked in a but stop outside the school where I park every time the taxi drivers started saying I can't park there.. but there is no sign saying I couldn't it just said bus stop not bust stop only.. anyway now some karren has taken photos of me and saying she will report me.. what would happen with this anyone know? (I'm not the only one that uses it)
shrug You're just one more entitled parent on the school run, You shouldn't need a sign explicitly telling you not to park in a bus area during possibly the busiest time of the day.

The school will prob just put out a general, 'Will parents please refrain from acting like selfish brats' email, they'll be used to it.
Reply 3
Rule 243 of The Highway Code tells road users: “Do not stop of park at or near a bus or tram stop or taxi rank”.
DO NOT stop or park:

near a school entrance

anywhere you would prevent access for Emergency Services

at or near a bus or tram stop or taxi rank

on the approach to a level crossing/tramway crossing

opposite or within 10 metres (32 feet) of a junction, except in an authorised parking space

near the brow of a hill or hump bridge

opposite a traffic island or (if this would cause an obstruction) another parked vehicle

where you would force other traffic to enter a tram lane

where the kerb has been lowered to help wheelchair users and powered mobility vehicles

in front of an entrance to a property

on a bend

where you would obstruct cyclists’ use of cycle facilities

except when forced to do so by stationary traffic.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending