The Student Room Group

I am obsessed with a celebrity

I can’t stop thinking about her, I know I will never met her

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous

I’ve dated a celebrity for 7-8 months, and it really doesn’t live to the hype. Don’t get me wrong, he was a sweet guy - but, no different to any other ‘normal’ guy. I decided that type of lifestyle wasn’t for me, and I doubt it is for many.
Can I ask how did you meet?
Can I ask how did you meet?

It was actually at a bar, in a way. I was with a group of friends (female, and all single at the time), and we met a group of guys there. One of whom, was his best mate. He told me that (my ex) would’ve loved to meet me, if he were there, and would be gutted. So, he wanted me to send a snap (with the friend), posing that I was into his friend. Long story short, my ex got my number from his friend, and we went on a date about a week later. We broke up on good terms; and he understood I didn’t like the limelight. It was during a time he got a decent amount of press coverage, and his career was going well. We still speak to this day, and I have nothing but respect, and admiration for him.

i’m obsessed with pedro pascal
Parasocial relationships beyond basic fandom aren't healthy.
Thanks but how do you stop?
i’m obsessed with pedro pascal

Lmfao.
Can I ask who this celebrity is out of interest?
Emma Watson
Emma Watson

That's completely understandable tbh, she's a beauty and her accent makes a lot of people weak in the knees, including myself. However, if your obsession is getting out of control then you need to stop stalking her on social media and reading about her all day long. That's the first step to depriving your obsessed mind of its food which will then cause an obsession to wane. However, the catch is that this first step is the most difficult to do because an obsessed mind is so hungry for input that the idea of cutting it off seems intolerable and undoable. You need a will of iron to embark on this obsession conquering journey. Good luck!
Thanks
I did NOT expect it to be Emma Watson
Thanks

Also, she's taken and is dating the son of a billionaire, so maybe use that knowledge that she'd never switch him for a TSR account to try and curb your obsession.
She is going out with a son of a billionaire? She seems to have lots of relationships though

Life is so unfair, I wish I was rich
She is going out with a son of a billionaire? She seems to have lots of relationships though

Yes, according to wiki she's dating Brandon Green. And even if you were rich doesn't mean you'd be dating her, she must know sooo many rich people who she's never dated.
Reply 16
It's normal. I love Angelina Jolie, I would give my existance to have one night with her. My friends are the same (one loves Jennifer Lopez, one loves Megan Fox). We all do, you're not the only one
Celebrities are just regular people when you get them out of the public eye.

When I was 14-16 there was a celebrity I had a crush on. I later slept with them when I was 20. They were nothing like I imagined - and turned out to be married. 🙄
It was actually at a bar, in a way. I was with a group of friends (female, and all single at the time), and we met a group of guys there. One of whom, was his best mate. He told me that (my ex) would’ve loved to meet me, if he were there, and would be gutted. So, he wanted me to send a snap (with the friend), posing that I was into his friend. Long story short, my ex got my number from his friend, and we went on a date about a week later. We broke up on good terms; and he understood I didn’t like the limelight. It was during a time he got a decent amount of press coverage, and his career was going well. We still speak to this day, and I have nothing but respect, and admiration for him.

To add, though, I think the fantasy is very different to the reality. From what I’ve both heard, and from personal experience, Celebrities tend to be more selfish than ‘normal’ people. I think it’s largely down to the environment they work in, the competitive ‘kill or be killed’ attitude. And, that was something that used to grate on me constantly.

Something else that ultimately ruined our relationship was the inability to communicate issues, and problems in public. For instance, with the selfish thing, say they’d done something, and you needed to communicate that it wasn’t fine by you, it’s like a ‘rule’ of being a happy, smiling couple, so, you’d have to wait until you were in private; by that time, the moment had passed, and it wasn’t relevant. I recall one time where he’d mentioned to a group of people at a party (more acquaintance-friends, than people we were close with). They were talking about having kids, and he mentioned we planned to start trying in a few years. We’d never really planned a time when we’d start having kids, but we both wanted them *at some point*. I couldn’t exactly point it out at the time, otherwise rumours, and stories get around that we’re not a happy couple, or we were batting heads.

Long and the short; not all it’s hyped to be. Their ego is sky-high, too, lmao. Probably not all celebrities, but the majority.

Aside from the fact simply having money almost certainly won’t make any impact on your ability to “attract” Ms Watson, your income potential & wealth is something you can change.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending