The Student Room Group

NHS LSF eligibility Wales 2023 &SFW

I’m going to study speech and language therapy at Cardiff met in September. Just trying to get my head around the finances. I think I’m going to have to opt out of the NHS bursary in order to get the higher amount of maintenance from SFW. Will I be eligible to apply for the LSF if I opt out of the bursary?

Also, I want to apply to SFW as I will get more money than from SFE but don’t yet have a Welsh address. Do I need to wait until I can provide this before I can start the application?

Thanks!
Original post by aporia
I’m going to study speech and language therapy at Cardiff met in September. Just trying to get my head around the finances. I think I’m going to have to opt out of the NHS bursary in order to get the higher amount of maintenance from SFW. Will I be eligible to apply for the LSF if I opt out of the bursary?

Also, I want to apply to SFW as I will get more money than from SFE but don’t yet have a Welsh address. Do I need to wait until I can provide this before I can start the application?

Thanks!

You won't be apply to apply for the NHS Learning Support Fund if you are studying a course in Wales. It is only available to students studying healthcare courses at a uni in England.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending