The Student Room Group

Confused about my looks

I’m a lesbian woman, I’m attracted to femme girls and I’d say I’m soft masc. friends have told me I’m average/ slightly above average (they were being honest which I appreciate). Whenever I go to queer spaces I can pull attractive girls (last week I pulled a girl who could be a model). Does this mean I’m more attractive that I thought? I don’t get catcalled by men or approached that often- could it just be alcohol? As in could that be the only reason girls would be attracted to me? Thanks
Hi,

I'm a straight guy, but i thought I'd try and answer your question anyway.

I find that women (in general) can be attracted to all sorts of different types of people... it's not just about good looks (contrary to what "certain users" here think lol). Some girls may go for the pretty boy/ girl; others may go for someone dark and mysterious; others may go for a real diamond in the rough etc. For example, if you look at Liam Gallagher... I don't think anyone would say he was a particularly attractive guy (as in good looking), but look at the standard of some of his ex's (e.g. Patsy Kensit, Nicole Appleton etc.).

Admittedly, I don't know many full-on lesbian women (I know plenty of bi-girls, but that's another story)... but I do know quite a few gay guys (incidentally I don't know any bi-guys either lol). From those that are in couples, I typically notice that one tends to adopt the more masculine role while another will be more feminine. As I said, I can't even pretend to be an expert on the dynamics of lesbian attraction or relationships... but is it possible it's the same sort of thing happening here?

The other thing is if you can stand out from the crowd (for whatever reason), you'll find people will be more likely to take an interest in you (for the right or wrong reasons)... so if you were the only or one of very few "mascs" in your places of choice (I don't think I'm allowed to use the "Q" word lol), it's bound to work in your favour.

If you're attractive, then I would expect you to get a lot of attention wherever you go... but if you're getting attention from some girls, but not others, then it's more likely the type of girl you are that's attractive to them (i.e. that girl goes for the type of person you are), rather than being classically "pretty".
(edited 10 months ago)
Reply 2
Original post by Old Skool Freak
Hi,

I'm a straight guy, but i thought I'd try and answer your question anyway.

I find that women (in general) can be attracted to all sorts of different types of people... it's not just about good looks (contrary to what "certain users" here think lol). Some girls may go for the pretty boy/ girl; others may go for someone dark and mysterious; others may go for a real diamond in the rough etc. For example, if you look at Liam Gallagher... I don't think anyone would say he was a particularly attractive guy (as in good looking), but look at the standard of some of his ex's (e.g. Patsy Kensit, Nicole Appleton etc.).

Admittedly, I don't know many full-on lesbian women (I know plenty of bi-girls, but that's another story)... but I do know quite a few gay guys (incidentally I don't know any bi-guys either lol). From those that are in couples, I typically notice that one tends to adopt the more masculine role while another will be more feminine. As I said, I can't even pretend to be an expert on the dynamics of lesbian attraction or relationships... but is it possible it's the same sort of thing happening here?

The other thing is if you can stand out from the crowd (for whatever reason), you'll find people will be more likely to take an interest in you (for the right or wrong reasons)... so if you were the only or one of very few "mascs" in your places of choice (I don't think I'm allowed to use the "Q" word lol), it's bound to work in your favour.

If you're attractive, then I would expect you to get a lot of attention wherever you go... but if you're getting attention from some girls, but not others, then it's more likely the type of girl you are that's attractive to them (i.e. that girl goes for the type of person you are), rather than being classically "pretty".

Thank you haha, really appreciate you answering this. Your viewpoint helped lol. Yeah I get what you mean. I don’t get lots of attention, people in general are always nice etc but I don’t get approached randomly in the street with people asking for my number etc. i have a couple of model like friends who get attention everywhere and anywhere lol. Ones a straight guy who gets told by random other straight men he’s handsome (objectively by everyone). I do get approached in bars by women, never been approached by a man- so I must look gay lol. So yeah I must be a certain type- my friend said to me just today “you’re an attractive masc” so I guess that answers my own question- I’ve always struggled with self esteem but I suppose everyone does if they don’t know where they stand, I weirdly still look for male validation even though im a lesbian lol. Thanks again!
Original post by Anonymous
Thank you haha, really appreciate you answering this. Your viewpoint helped lol. Yeah I get what you mean. I don’t get lots of attention, people in general are always nice etc but I don’t get approached randomly in the street with people asking for my number etc. i have a couple of model like friends who get attention everywhere and anywhere lol. Ones a straight guy who gets told by random other straight men he’s handsome (objectively by everyone). I do get approached in bars by women, never been approached by a man- so I must look gay lol. So yeah I must be a certain type- my friend said to me just today “you’re an attractive masc” so I guess that answers my own question- I’ve always struggled with self esteem but I suppose everyone does if they don’t know where they stand, I weirdly still look for male validation even though im a lesbian lol. Thanks again!

No worries, just glad to have helped.

... Now go get your women, tigress :lol:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending