The Student Room Group

University of Glasgow or Queen Mary University of london

Hello,
I want to do masters in Electrical Engineering. I am confused between:

Queen Mary University of London: Msc in Telecommunication and Wireless Systems Management
or
University of Glasgow: Msc in Electronics and Electrical Engineering and Management.

Need opinion from you people.
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 1
Original post by Shushomoy
Hello,
I want to do masters in Electrical Engineering. I am confused between:

Queen Mary University of London: Msc in Telecommunication and Wireless Systems Management
or
University of Glasgow: Msc in Electronics and Electrical Engineering and Management

What confuses you?

Which course do you prefer?
Reply 2
Original post by Doonesbury
What confuses you?

Which course do you prefer?

I am confused about lot of things. Courses of Glasgow seems well suited but again it is in Scotland. Glasgow's ranking seems better but I heard London's weather is better than Glasgow.
Reply 3
I am confused about lot of things. Courses of Glasgow seems well suited but again it is in Scotland. Glasgow's ranking seems better but I heard London's weather is better than Glasgow.

You're studying for a masters, not worrying about the weather...

Glasgow is a bit cooler and rainier than London but it's not exactly the artic.

https://www.metoffice.gov.uk/public/weather/climate/gcuvz3bch
Reply 4
Original post by Doonesbury
You're studying for a masters, not worrying about the weather...

Glasgow is a bit cooler and rainier than London but it's not exactly the artic.

https://www.metoffice.gov.uk/public/weather/climate/gcuvz3bch

I want to know overall which one is better option ? UoG or QMUL ?
Reply 5
I want to know overall which one is better option ? UoG or QMUL ?

Better option for what?

Pick the course you prefer.
Reply 6
If you are in my place which one would you pick ? Please dont answer-"pick whichever seems better to you"

I asked this question to get expert opinion, not something which I already know.
Reply 7
If you are in my place which one would you pick ? Please dont answer-"pick whichever seems better to you"

I asked this question to get expert opinion, not something which I already know.

You are, or will be, a graduate student capable of analysing information and coming to your own well considered conclusions.

I am not you. I don't know what's important to you (except you don't like a bit of rain). I have no knowledge of your engineering background or your plans for the future.

Both are good universities. Why did you apply to these two courses?

Pick the course you prefer.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 5 years ago)
Hi there,

Are you looking for any comparison between the cities or just the courses? I would be happy to answer any of your questions about the former!

Lilith
Reply 9
Original post by BridgeHouseGlasgow
Hi there,

Are you looking for any comparison between the cities or just the courses? I would be happy to answer any of your questions about the former!

Lilith

I want to compare both and opinion about which one will be better.
Go to Glasgow it’s better overall
Reply 11
Original post by BridgeHouseGlasgow
Hi there,

Lilith

I want comparison between Universities,cities and weather. I dont like gloomy weather. Glasgow seems gloomy but ranking of Glasgow is slightly high. So I am confused.
I want comparison between Universities,cities and weather. I dont like gloomy weather. Glasgow seems gloomy but ranking of Glasgow is slightly high. So I am confused.

I must admit the weather in Scotland/Glasgow is definitely not a highlight but it's nowhere near as bad as everyone makes out. It can be rainy and cold in winter but if you dress appropriately and it's not an issue. In the spring and summer months the weather can be glorious. Regardless, though I always think Glasgow looks lovely no matter what the weather. It's really atmospheric in the colder months but then in summer all the green spaces are gorgeous.

I think it really depends on whether you are willing to put up with some not as great weather for a better ranking university. Or whether a preferable climate is your top priority.

Lilith
Hii I'm gonna go for MSc in big data science in QMUL. And I've got an admit from Glasgow as well. Which one would be better with respect to job prospects because I've heard london is a better place for employability than glasgow. But glasgow has a better ranking!
Original post by Danish_mehra
Hii I'm gonna go for MSc in big data science in QMUL. And I've got an admit from Glasgow as well. Which one would be better with respect to job prospects because I've heard london is a better place for employability than glasgow. But glasgow has a better ranking!i

I am facing the same dilemma, can you please tell me which one did you choose and why?
Reply 15
Original post by shushrut_sharma
I am facing the same dilemma, can you please tell me which one did you choose and why?

Where finalized?

Quick Reply

Latest