The Student Room Group

G100 and G101

What's the difference
G100 gives you a bachelor's degree and lasts three years, whereas G101 gives you a master's degree and lasts four years. Although you can take G100 and then apply for a one year long master's programme, you will pay postgraduate fees for that year whereas G101 lets you pay undergraduate fees for the whole year.

-Kao (Lancaster Maths & Stats Student Ambassador)
Original post by Lancaster Student Ambassador
G100 gives you a bachelor's degree and lasts three years, whereas G101 gives you a master's degree and lasts four years. Although you can take G100 and then apply for a one year long master's programme, you will pay postgraduate fees for that year whereas G101 lets you pay undergraduate fees for the whole year.

Is it the same with other uni's math master courses? If I do apply to a uni with intensions of doing a masters like G101 or G107 etc, do I have to do the full masters, or will I receive a bachelor's and then have the integrated masters, (so is it possible to drop out of the fourth year)?
Original post by Ignorabimus
Is it the same with other uni's math master courses? If I do apply to a uni with intensions of doing a masters like G101 or G107 etc, do I have to do the full masters, or will I receive a bachelor's and then have the integrated masters, (so is it possible to drop out of the fourth year)?

You have to do the full masters, as you don't receive a bachelor's when doing the integrated masters. This is true at all unis. At least at Lancaster uni, you can switch between the integrated masters and bachelor's at almost any time, including dropping out of the fourth year and immediately getting a bachelor's degree.

Quick Reply

Latest