The Student Room Group

Got 1st Class Honours in Chemistry

Hi everyone,

Just graduated with 1st class in chemistry (despite also getting an average dissertation mark 65).

I never realised how big the jump was from 2nd to 3rd Year of uni studies were...

I wanted to share with you, coming from someone who didn't have great alevels or gcses, or have any family support, so everything is possible with hard work, commitment and determination!

(I have been following this forum throughout my journey).

:smile:
(edited 9 months ago)
Congratulations on the brilliant and much deserved result.

Chemistry is a criminally underrated choice of degree (no bias here lmao), so mad respect for taking it.
Congratulations! You’ve clearly worked very hard for your result and you should be very proud of yourself.

Also what TypicalNerd said. 👀
Original post by 5hyl33n
Congratulations! You’ve clearly worked very hard for your result and you should be very proud of yourself.

PRSOM
Reply 4
Original post by TypicalNerd
Congratulations on the brilliant and much deserved result.

Chemistry is a criminally underrated choice of degree (no bias here lmao), so mad respect for taking it.

Thank you! It was really tough especially final year.. :smile:
Original post by 5hyl33n

Thank you very much! :smile:
@Gladiowolf

:smile: Congratulations!!!

Oluwatosin 2nd year student University of Huddersfield
Reply 6
Original post by University of Huddersfield
@Gladiowolf

:smile: Congratulations!!!

Oluwatosin 2nd year student University of Huddersfield

Thank you :smile:
Original post by Galdiowolf
Hi everyone,

Just graduated with 1st class in chemistry (despite also getting an average dissertation mark 65).

I never realised how big the jump was from 2nd to 3rd Year of uni studies were...

I wanted to share with you, coming from someone who didn't have great alevels or gcses, or have any family support, so everything is possible with hard work, commitment and determination!

(I have been following this forum throughout my journey).

:smile:

Congratulations on all your hard work leading to your amazing result @Galdiowolf! Chem is very underrated like TypicalNerd said, so well done for pushing through! :smile:
Reply 8
Original post by Musical Cats
Congratulations on all your hard work leading to your amazing result @Galdiowolf! Chem is very underrated like TypicalNerd said, so well done for pushing through! :smile:

Thank you! :smile:
@Galdiowolf!

Wow, congratulations on such a fab result! You should be very proud of everything you put in to achieve this as these things do not come from good luck alone :smile: hopefully by now you will have a good idea what habits that work well for you and allow you to be successful ready for your next steps - any ideas about where you want to go next?

Wishing you the best of luck going forward!

Holly
University of Bath
(edited 9 months ago)
Reply 10
Original post by University of Bath
@Galdiowolf!

Wow, congratulations on such a fab result! You should be very proud of everything you put in to achieve this as these things do not come from good luck alone :smile: hopefully by now you will have a good idea what habits that work well for you and allow you to be successful ready for your next steps - any ideas about where you want to go next?

Wishing you the best of luck going forward!

Holly
University of Bath

Thank you! :smile:
Definitely, I will reflect both on the strengths and weaknesses.
I hope to get into a graduate lab position - actively applying for those now. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending