The Student Room Group

I got 69% and the uni refuse to add

I got 69% and the uni refuses to add up to 70%, is there anything that I can do, I am really stressed right now, feels like want to end this asap

Scroll to see replies

Original post by sosmehe1p
I got 69% and the uni refuses to add up to 70%, is there anything that I can do, I am really stressed right now, feels like want to end this asap

Some universities round up. Have you checked the handbook?

One module? A year? Whole degree?

What do your degree regulations say?
I mean a line has to be drawn somewhere. It's usually clearly stated in your programme regulations where that line is.
Reply 4
"For all honours degrees, a 2% borderline will apply to the classification boundaries (i.e., if the student achieves 58-59.99% or 68-69.99% in the credit-weighted average). Where a result is borderline, the student will be moved into the higher classification if sixty or more credits are at the higher level (1st class, 2:1, 2:2)." from the uni academic regulation.

Original post by Dnsnnssn
Some universities round up. Have you checked the handbook?
Reply 5
Original post by ageshallnot
One module? A year? Whole degree?

What do your degree regulations say?

Whole degree
"For all honours degrees, a 2% borderline will apply to the classification boundaries (i.e., if the student achieves 58-59.99% or 68-69.99% in the credit-weighted average). Where a result is borderline, the student will be moved into the higher classification if sixty or more credits are at the higher level (1st class, 2:1, 2:2)." from the uni academic regulation.

Are 60 or more credits at the higher level? If so then u will get a first
Reply 7
Original post by Dnsnnssn
Are 60 or more credits at the higher level? If so then u will get a first

I got stage 2 (84,72,76,71); stage 3 (65, 83,52,60)

Different unis have different rules. What do your regulations say?
Reply 9
this is what i found "For all honours degrees, a 2% borderline will apply to the classification boundaries (i.e., if the student achieves 58-59.99% or 68-69.99% in the credit-weighted average). Where a result is borderline, the student will be moved into the higher classification if sixty or more credits are at the higher level (1st class, 2:1, 2:2)." from the uni academic regulation.
Different unis have different rules. What do your regulations say?
Reply 10
Original post by artful_lounger
I mean a line has to be drawn somewhere. It's usually clearly stated in your programme regulations where that line is.
Reply 11

The first calculation is a weighted mean average of:
the marks for the best 100 credits obtained at Stage 2
and
the marks for the best 100 credits obtained at Stage 3.
And
the marks for the best 100 credits obtained at Stage 4.
The mean average for the best 100 credits at each Stage is obtained and then weighted so that the Stage 2 marks are worth 10%, Stage 3 marks are worth 10% and Stage 4 at 80%. A final mean average is obtained based on this weighting, and this determines the degree classification.
The first calculation is a weighted mean average of:
the marks for the best 100 credits obtained at Stage 2
and
the marks for the best 100 credits obtained at Stage 3.
And
the marks for the best 100 credits obtained at Stage 4.
The mean average for the best 100 credits at each Stage is obtained and then weighted so that the Stage 2 marks are worth 10%, Stage 3 marks are worth 10% and Stage 4 at 80%. A final mean average is obtained based on this weighting, and this determines the degree classification.

What of your 'stage 4' marks? (I thought stage 4 was masters or integrated masters level, to be honest)
(edited 1 year ago)
Reply 13
Yeah, stage 4 is for masters. for my case is 20 % stage 2 and 80% stage 3
Original post by gjd800
What of your 'stage 4' marks? (I thought stage 4 was masters or integrated masters level, to be honest)
this is what i found "For all honours degrees, a 2% borderline will apply to the classification boundaries (i.e., if the student achieves 58-59.99% or 68-69.99% in the credit-weighted average). Where a result is borderline, the student will be moved into the higher classification if sixty or more credits are at the higher level (1st class, 2:1, 2:2)." from the uni academic regulation.

That looks a little odd. The upgrading to a high class usually takes place if the student does better in final year. Which uni is this?
Reply 15
university of sunderland
That looks a little odd. The upgrading to a high class usually takes place if the student does better in final year. Which uni is this?
Reply 16
Maybe my final year is not good enough (65, 83,52,60)
university of sunderland
Maybe my final year is not good enough (65, 83,52,60)

I think that is likely the issue, yes.
university of sunderland

I've looked at their regulations and they state what you say. However, they say they only use the best 100 credits in years 2 and 3. Have you taken that into account? Also, you only give 4 module results per year. How many credits is each of those 8 modules worth?
Reply 19
I've looked at their regulations and they state what you say. However, they say they only use the best 100 credits in years 2 and 3. Have you taken that into account? Also, you only give 4 module results per year. How many credits is each of those 8 modules worth?

Thanks for looking into it. Each module is 30 credits, and I don't know what grades need to fulfil 30 credits.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending