The Student Room Group

3 A levels + EPQ or 4 Alevels?

I have applied to sixth form to do biology chemistry and maths, but not sure if i should do a fourth a level (PE) or an EPQ?
Will either help me get into the best unis?
Universities don't really expect people to have 4 alevels. I dont really recall seeing any universities that specifically say they'd have a preference for 4 alevels. And it may be overwhelming with the amount of work.

I'd personally say an EPQ is better. Having an EPQ often boosts your ucas application and can result in your offer being lowered by a few grades. And is far easier than an alevel.

You may want to take a look at the entry requirements for the University's you're wanting to study at and see if they acknowledge the EPQ. And look at the preferred subjects of the course you want to study
Original post by lolamidd29
I have applied to sixth form to do biology chemistry and maths, but not sure if i should do a fourth a level (PE) or an EPQ?
Will either help me get into the best unis?

I would definitely go for an EPQ over 4 a levels, personally. Having said that, some universities dont really acknowledge an EPQ unfortunately but others do

Quick Reply

Latest