The Student Room Group

What dooo i doo???

So I'm currently in year 13 with some mental health and stress I guess, I don't know what to do, basically to summarise as I'm stuck with two alevels and an epq since I did terribly bad in geography during year 12 end of year exams, my school made me drop it. As I know universities require 3 alevels in one sitting, I'm stuck and don't know what to do and as I had a mindset after they dropped geography of doing maths in a third year after completing my two alevels and epq i recently found out about that universities like kings or other russels in london require 3 alevels in one sitting and ever since I've just been stressed this entire holiday, thinking about what to do. Someone said to redo alevels entirely after my two alevels and epq and do three new ones at some college, I guess it makes sense but is this choice even appropriate? I dont what to do, i had some thoughts about doing geography privately however will i even be able to catch up to like 5 months worth of missed work??? plus the nea I haven't done? I don't even know. the option of repeating alevels sounds good i guess, it's just the idea of finishing university at 22-23 that keeps putting me off and the fact that if i want to do a year in industry It'll be an extra year i guess. My aspirations were to do computer science at russel group uni, I know i was a bit dumb during year 12 and should've tried harder however it sounds weird but it sucks I've just been developing these numercy and literacy and problem solving skills just now recently, that i couldn't of have done in year 12 and stuff i guess.
Reply 1
Original post by km_kmk2
So I'm currently in year 13 with some mental health and stress I guess, I don't know what to do, basically to summarise as I'm stuck with two alevels and an epq since I did terribly bad in geography during year 12 end of year exams, my school made me drop it. As I know universities require 3 alevels in one sitting, I'm stuck and don't know what to do and as I had a mindset after they dropped geography of doing maths in a third year after completing my two alevels and epq i recently found out about that universities like kings or other russels in london require 3 alevels in one sitting and ever since I've just been stressed this entire holiday, thinking about what to do. Someone said to redo alevels entirely after my two alevels and epq and do three new ones at some college, I guess it makes sense but is this choice even appropriate? I dont what to do, i had some thoughts about doing geography privately however will i even be able to catch up to like 5 months worth of missed work??? plus the nea I haven't done? I don't even know. the option of repeating alevels sounds good i guess, it's just the idea of finishing university at 22-23 that keeps putting me off and the fact that if i want to do a year in industry It'll be an extra year i guess. My aspirations were to do computer science at russel group uni, I know i was a bit dumb during year 12 and should've tried harder however it sounds weird but it sucks I've just been developing these numercy and literacy and problem solving skills just now recently, that i couldn't of have done in year 12 and stuff i guess.

Time should not really matter. Yes it may take you personally longer to get to your goal. However, would you rather take that extra year and be in a better mindset for future challenges. I would focus on your current A-levels as of right now. And do the best that you can in them, as picking it up when you vastly beyond will only make matters worse
Reply 2
Hmm i guess that's the best choice, I'm quite confident I can get A* and an A in my two alevels and epq, my predicteds are also high it's just that one missing alevel i got a D in end of year 12 oof ;(
Reply 3
welp i guess I'll just wait and see
Reply 4
i didn't even know that colleges could let you continue with just 2 A-levels lol, like how is that even an option if it means you can't get into your chosen course for uni? if i were you, i would restart all 3 A-level subjects now rather than after completing 2 of them because idk, it just makes more sense to me to complete them all at the same time, wouldn't it save time too? i guess it would be easier to get 2 out of the way first but i don't think it matters if you're gonna end up resitting for a 3rd A-level anyways.
Reply 5
Hmm idk people telling me to get these two out of the way with the epq and then just starting all over again and explaining to unis bout my mental health and stuff idk im just confused, or take the third gap year and do one which will be my third. Or somehow take geog privately and catch up to 4 months of missed content plus the nea which idk where I can do
Reply 6
I'm stressing so much ooooof i literally can not go sleep sometimes im sounding cheesy looooooooooooool
hey sorry just reading through the chat. i know i’m late because this chat was 2 years ago but how did it work out. i’m taking 3 alevels now but i regret the ones i took and they minimise my choices for the future. At one point i was thinking of retaking but i’m in my second year at college so i don’t know.
Any updates?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending