The Student Room Group

Can you do BTEC and AS level at the same time?

Hi, I'm thinking of doing business extended BTEC triple diploma course which I think is equivalent to 3 A levels, would I be able to do an AS level like economics alongside this? So it would be like 4 a levels if that makes sense?
Reply 1
Original post by silentwarrier
Hi, I'm thinking of doing business extended BTEC triple diploma course which I think is equivalent to 3 A levels, would I be able to do an AS level like economics alongside this? So it would be like 4 a levels if that makes sense?

And isn't an AS - half an alevel? and Unis dont really care about an AS level they would want an Alevel rather than AS.

I think stay with the BTEC Business.
Reply 2
Original post by QueenOla
And isn't an AS - half an alevel? and Unis dont really care about an AS level they would want an Alevel rather than AS.

I think stay with the BTEC Business.

Yea it is because it would get dropped in second year. I'm thinking of doing both bc it would just be nice to do something other than business and more ucas points
It depends. At many colleges it would not be possible because of timetabling. However some schools will have the option of doing something like an AS level or an EPQ as an enrichment option.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending