The Student Room Group

friendship

How do I make friends as an apprentice in a new city away from family? im an introvert and not a bit socially anxious.
Reply 1
Original post by nst0229211
How do I make friends as an apprentice in a new city away from family? im an introvert and not a bit socially anxious.

Hi there.

Volunteering is a great way to meet new people and gain new skills too.

Hope this helps :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by TriplexA
Hi there.

Volunteering is a great way to meet new people and gain new skills too.

Hope this helps :smile:

thanks for the advice, but I already work 9-5 for my job. I could look into volunteering on the weekends I suppose.
Reply 3
thanks for the advice, but I already work 9-5 for my job. I could look into volunteering on the weekends I suppose.

maybe try to meet friends online first then meet up in person?
Hobbies? Sports?
i might search for a Facebook group centred around a common interest and see if the people are whom you would like to be friends with. the group might post dates of events :smile:
Reply 6
Original post by beautifulworld
i might search for a Facebook group centred around a common interest and see if the people are whom you would like to be friends with. the group might post dates of events :smile:

oh this is a great idea! thanks a lot I'll look in to that
Reply 7
Original post by Admit-One
Hobbies? Sports?

I am by no means a sport person. mostly a reader/gamer though I do love archery, camping and generall outdoors.
Reply 8

Look for a niche thing/ club you could go to. Smaller groups are easier to find someone to bond with. Think of a particular interest you have- hope that helps :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending