The Student Room Group

Bad EPQ grade for medicine

As of now I am not sure what I got but if I were to get a bad grade in EPQ will this impact my medicine application? If I applied to unis that supposedly don't look at EPQ?
Probably won't make much difference either way. Remember you will need to list it in your qualifications on your UCAS application though.
Reply 2
Original post by artful_lounger
Probably won't make much difference either way. Remember you will need to list it in your qualifications on your UCAS application though.

oh, I am just worried if I do bad and they might see it and not give me an offer potentially
(edited 9 months ago)
Original post by _.oya._
oh, I am just worried if I do bad and they might see it and not give me an offer potentially

I don't even think most medical schools consider the EPQ at all. Normally they just assess academic requirements to see if your A-level subjects/grades meet the minimum requirement, and if so they will look at the rest of their shortlisting criteria, which are normally UCAT/BMAT/GCSEs in some combination (not all unis use all of those and some put different weighting on different ones).

Medical school admissions are an extremely transparent process. If they do not explicitly state that they score EPQs then they will not factor it in.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending