The Student Room Group

Which Uni should I go to?!

Hey!! I’m an international student coming in from Australia, so any advice would be appreciated. I’ve got an offer from Exeter Uni for International Relations. As well as an offer from Sussex Uni, but for Law with International Relations. What does everyone think I should do? I’m happy with both courses but in terms of graduate prospects. Exeter ranks much higher/ more well known but Sussex is offering me law which seems helpful even if i decide not to become a lawyer.
Reply 1
Look at the campus tour or open day films for both Unis on YouTube - and the 'tourist films' for each place.

You will probably have more fun at Sussex - Brighton is a great seaside town with lots going on, and its an hour by train to London. The campus is small and village-like, and has a great atmosphere. And if the idea of studying Law appeals, it sounds like a good match. Btw, 'rankings' and league tables are essentially nonsense and Sussex vs Exeter would have no real impact on your graduate work prospects etc
Original post by dhuvas
Hey!! I’m an international student coming in from Australia, so any advice would be appreciated. I’ve got an offer from Exeter Uni for International Relations. As well as an offer from Sussex Uni, but for Law with International Relations. What does everyone think I should do? I’m happy with both courses but in terms of graduate prospects. Exeter ranks much higher/ more well known but Sussex is offering me law which seems helpful even if i decide not to become a lawyer.

Exeter is very highly regarded for IR and despite McGingers anti Exeter bias has a good social life. It is within a few miles of a number of very popular beach resorts and has its own pubs and club scene. In addition it has one of the best sporting facilities. It has its own theatre, pub and club on campus. It is 10 minutes walk from the city. For nights out Bristol is an hour away by train and London is 2 hours
Reply 3
Original post by swanseajack1
Exeter is very highly regarded for IR and despite McGingers anti Exeter bias has a good social life. It is within a few miles of a number of very popular beach resorts and has its own pubs and club scene. In addition it has one of the best sporting facilities. It has its own theatre, pub and club on campus. It is 10 minutes walk from the city. For nights out Bristol is an hour away by train and London is 2 hours

Honestly I’d choose Exeter in a heartbeat, I love everything about it,but the only thing holding me back is the fact it’s just international relations on its own. I don’t even know if I’d want to become a lawyer but it seems smart to have under my belt. Hence my dilemma :/
Original post by dhuvas
Honestly I’d choose Exeter in a heartbeat, I love everything about it,but the only thing holding me back is the fact it’s just international relations on its own. I don’t even know if I’d want to become a lawyer but it seems smart to have under my belt. Hence my dilemma :/

You dont need a law degree to become a lawyer. You take a conversion course. Many take English, History and other degrees and then go onto law.

https://www.bing.com/ck/a?!&&p=72bb2ae1c93d721fJmltdHM9MTY4OTM3OTIwMCZpZ3VpZD0zNjQzYjFiYS0yNzM0LTZlMzItMWRhNy1hMWNlMjYxMzZmYTkmaW5zaWQ9NTIwNA&ptn=3&hsh=3&fclid=3643b1ba-2734-6e32-1da7-a1ce26136fa9&psq=become+a+lawyer+without+a+law+degree&u=a1aHR0cHM6Ly93d3cubGF3LmFjLnVrL3Jlc291cmNlcy9ibG9nL3NxZS1ub24tbGF3LXJvdXRlLXRvLWJlY29tZS1hLXNvbGljaXRvci8&ntb=1
(edited 9 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending