The Student Room Group

My dad

Honestly Im starting to not like my dad. I feel very uncomfortable around him and I dont know what to do. Im very young, and he always make me feel so uncomfortable.

Before getting in the shower/bath, I always tell the whole house several times im getting in the shower/bath and I make sure everyone knows and i tell them not to come in. (obviously) Several times, My dad keeps coming in without knocking. Last night, I had around a 30 minute bath, and he came in 3 times. I knew maybe once would be a mistake but 3 times in 30 minutes? Its making me very uncomfortable. And this hasnt just happened this once, its been happening every time i have a shower. He then says ''Oh dont worry I didnt see anything!'' But thats not the point. I feel very uncomfortable with what he's doing and its pretty obvious I feel that way.

He also always shouts and me for no reason and blames me for a lot of stuff. For no reason, today he started saying im so rude because I was going to talk to my mom (My dad and her were in the kitchen talking) and i didnt even interrupt them. He then started saying im rude and shouted at me. Even my mom told him to stop and he's being childish.

Also in the past my dad has been quite abusive. But I really dont know what to do. The things he's put me, my mom and siblings through is so bad. Please give me advice, my mom told him that he cant do that and walk in when im having a shower. He always blames it on that he forgets, but I know he doesnt. I literally make sure I tell everyone before getting in the shower..

Please give me advice, I dont know what to do. (I also already told my mom how it makes me feel)
Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous
Honestly Im starting to not like my dad. I feel very uncomfortable around him and I dont know what to do. Im very young, and he always make me feel so uncomfortable.

Before getting in the shower/bath, I always tell the whole house several times im getting in the shower/bath and I make sure everyone knows and i tell them not to come in. (obviously) Several times, My dad keeps coming in without knocking. Last night, I had around a 30 minute bath, and he came in 3 times. I knew maybe once would be a mistake but 3 times in 30 minutes? Its making me very uncomfortable. And this hasnt just happened this once, its been happening every time i have a shower. He then says ''Oh dont worry I didnt see anything!'' But thats not the point. I feel very uncomfortable with what he's doing and its pretty obvious I feel that way.

He also always shouts and me for no reason and blames me for a lot of stuff. For no reason, today he started saying im so rude because I was going to talk to my mom (My dad and her were in the kitchen talking) and i didnt even interrupt them. He then started saying im rude and shouted at me. Even my mom told him to stop and he's being childish.

Also in the past my dad has been quite abusive. But I really dont know what to do. The things he's put me, my mom and siblings through is so bad. Please give me advice, my mom told him that he cant do that and walk in when im having a shower. He always blames it on that he forgets, but I know he doesnt. I literally make sure I tell everyone before getting in the shower..

Please give me advice, I dont know what to do. (I also already told my mom how it makes me feel)

Doesn't your bathroom have a lock? Ask for one; no-one should enter whilst you or anyone else is showering etc
(edited 9 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending