The Student Room Group

I feel like my dad hates me

My dad tries to be a good dad. But he constantly yells at me for the smallest things. What prompted me to write this today was when he asked me to do a bit of homework. I replied by asking if I could do it later but just like always he yelled at me. When this first started around three years ago it made me really depressed. When I talked to my therapist about it things only changed for a couple of weeks. What do I do?
My friend went through a similar situation and I told her that she should sit her dad down and then explain how his actions make her feel and that he's being a bit too harsh. Now their relationship is alot better so maybe the same advice might help you. Hope I helped x
I’m having the same problem. My father only cares about himself and only think his opinions matter and won’t listen.
I'm in the exact same situation. My dad always says he only wants the best for me but i feel so small and helpless. Whenever I try to Express my view that's different he instantly thinks I'm wrong or goes in a mood with me for a while. I feel helpless and am scared to bring up any issues with him.
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by Sage W
My dad tries to be a good dad. But he constantly yells at me for the smallest things. What prompted me to write this today was when he asked me to do a bit of homework. I replied by asking if I could do it later but just like always he yelled at me. When this first started around three years ago it made me really depressed. When I talked to my therapist about it things only changed for a couple of weeks. What do I do?
My dad doesn’t help me my homework he makes up a excuse that he doesn’t know it and he always care about a dog more me and my brother and my sister he cares about the most and he always likes to say you better do that work he said if I don’t get my grades up I won’t get that ps5 so I tried and he still didn’t get it he just a boring dad I don’t like him
Original post by Sage W
my step dad is exactly the same. i don't let him get to me i know it might be hard but after a while it gets easier good luck

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending