The Student Room Group

My Nan blames me when things go wrong

So my dad and his brother had a huge falling out about 15 years ago after my grandad dad. My uncle said some disgusting things which has resulted in my dad and him no longer being in the same room and my uncle fell out with my Nan for a number of years until he divorced his wife and went crawling to my Nan asking for money. Which annoyed my dad.

Anyway, my uncle lives near London and we live near Manchester. Whenever my uncle comes to visit my Nan which is once every 4 months we basically stay away as we don’t want anything to do with him.

My dads brother came up late last week, I didn’t know which day he was coming up or when he was going home because my Nan didn’t tell me the details she said he was just coming up to see her. Me and my dad go round frequently to help her but as soon as my dads brother visits we’re surplus to requirements.

My dad went on 14th August for a week and got back on Monday night, but I was still offering to go round and help my Nan. His brother came up on Thursday last week and went home Saturday. My parents went to see my Nan on Tuesday after their holiday and the first thing my Nan did was complain about me not going to put her bins out on Sunday even though 1. I had no idea what day my dads brother would be going home and 2. My Nan never once contacted me asking me to put them out for her.

I know people may say “why didn’t you ring your Nan?” but I don’t do that anymore as I rang a few years ago and my dads brother answered the phone and basically told me to f**k off.

I am annoyed by what my Nan said and it’s not the first time she’s said something like that. Any help?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending