The Student Room Group

Struggling to find accommodation

Hi,

I’m a final year student (had to take a leave of absence last year because I couldn’t find anywhere to live) currently struggling to find accommodation. I’m from NI studying in the mainland. The university accommodation service is being very unhelpful in this. Has anyone been in this situation and can advise a route to go down - I’ve got a month and a half left to find somewhere and the pressure is mounting.
Original post by rushy2838
Hi,

I’m a final year student (had to take a leave of absence last year because I couldn’t find anywhere to live) currently struggling to find accommodation. I’m from NI studying in the mainland. The university accommodation service is being very unhelpful in this. Has anyone been in this situation and can advise a route to go down - I’ve got a month and a half left to find somewhere and the pressure is mounting.

As a final year student, unless you have health issues the accomodation office will be prioritizing freshers, overseas freshers and medical cases ahead of you. 3rd years are generally assumed to know what they are doing, particularly if hall places are limited. Does your uni have a chat room or physical " poster wall", it's pretty common for groups of students to advertise for a new flat mate if people drop out of a group over the summer.
(edited 9 months ago)
Which town/city are you looking for accommodation in?

What type of accommodation do you want?

Often there’s facebook groups where people will advertise for people to fill a vacant room
Original post by rushy2838
Hi,

Hi there,
You're certainly not alone, I found myself looking for accommodation very late in my second year (for my final year). I'd certainly recommend looking into private student accommodation in the city you require. Join any waiting lists if you preferred room type is sold out and look on forums like TSR/social media as people may be advertising their rooms for tenancy takeovers. It may also be worth checking out websites like Spareroom.

Hope this helps!

- Sophie

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending