The Student Room Group

Can’t find someone to replace room

I’ve been living at a privately owned accommodation since the start of September but I am now trying to leave the contract but I feel as though I am trapped. I’ve spoken with the booking team about leaving and I’ve been told to find someone else for the room I’ve struggled with no help from them and I am slowly building up a debt that will take time for me to pay. My student finance is cancelled after only giving me 1 instalment as the university didn’t think I needed as my course didn’t need attendance which I only came to find out this until it was too late. I would like as much advice you can give me too get myself out of this situation as easily as possible before it gets worse.
Original post by Kelvin080801
I’ve been living at a privately owned accommodation since the start of September but I am now trying to leave the contract but I feel as though I am trapped. I’ve spoken with the booking team about leaving and I’ve been told to find someone else for the room I’ve struggled with no help from them and I am slowly building up a debt that will take time for me to pay. My student finance is cancelled after only giving me 1 instalment as the university didn’t think I needed as my course didn’t need attendance which I only came to find out this until it was too late. I would like as much advice you can give me too get myself out of this situation as easily as possible before it gets worse.

id say best bet is to message international students that are looking for a place to live. sometimes due to their whole process of moving over here etc. sometimes some people start their course later in the year and struggle to find accommodation last minute due to everywhere being full, if you also offer it at discounted rate then somebody is more likely to accept it as accommodation is hella expensive nowadays. post it all over Facebook uni fresher pages, post on rightmove, spare room, everywhere and hopefully somebody should get back to you. I know the hassle of trying to get out a contract. but to be honest if your circumstances have changed with student finance, then you could potentially ask them to send a letter to your accommodation provider explaining you are in no financial stability to pay a contract you were originally able to pay for. its pretty much the same context of if you sign the contract then dont get accepted into uni, they will let you out of the contract. so if student finance decide not to fund you when ordinally had all intention of doing so at the point you signed the accommodation contract then what difference should it make?

maybe im wrong but could be worth a try.
Hey, did you end up resolving the issue? Would love to know how as I’m in a similar position
Reply 3
Original post by Johndoe0369
Hey, did you end up resolving the issue? Would love to know how as I’m in a similar position

Didn’t really end up solving the issue the best way to get out of the situation is to try your chances with the uni

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending