The Student Room Group
Students relax outside, University of Surrey
University of Surrey
Guildford

Surrey Uni accomodation all gone

This post is just for anyone else in the same boat.WE need a room for this academic year coming 2023-2024. Just finished an email to anyone I could find. Including Kerry Matthews Chief Student Officer and Paul Harvey director of marketing expressing our dissatisfaction with the allocation process. Stag Hill and Manor Park Accomodations have been unable to place us and have said to look in private rental market. AS I say only reply to this if you have missed out on accomodation too.
(edited 8 months ago)
Reply 1
Hi, I have missed out on accommodation too and have been looking for private halls and housing but everything has sold out or is set at an unaffordable price so I am really struggling to find anywhere.
Students relax outside, University of Surrey
University of Surrey
Guildford
Reply 2
I haven't got any accomodation either, only accomodation the cheapest private ensuite accomodation that the uni recommends is over £40pw more are for 51 weeks which makes is over 4k more. Thats all gone now and i can only fond stuff for £200pw plus. The uni really needs to think better by supporting the students with help or building more because its just not right to have so many people not in accomodation.
Original post by bluecargirl
This post is just for anyone else in the same boat.WE need a room for this academic year coming 2023-2024. Just finished an email to anyone I could find. Including Kerry Matthews Chief Student Officer and Paul Harvey director of marketing expressing our dissatisfaction with the allocation process. Stag Hill and Manor Park Accomodations have been unable to place us and have said to look in private rental market. AS I say only reply to this if you have missed out on accomodation too.

Hiya, just saw this. Would love to know if anything comes of that email, as things are getting pretty desperate. The audacity they have to ask people to just 'find something private' like we aren't already struggling enough to budget for uni... the prices in Guildford are crazy! If I knew this was possible before, I would've applied elsewhere honestly.
Hi I also have not been allocated accomodation for 2023/24 and am trying to find off campus accomodation but it's all so expensive! Lmk if you know of anywhere...
Everyone in this thread, we should team up, get a place, and then collectively complain to accom when we get there lol
My insta is @tayamiranda1 if anyone wants to see if we can get a place together.
Edit: I'll make a groupchat for us maybe?
(edited 8 months ago)
Original post by tm1231
Everyone in this thread, we should team up, get a place, and then collectively complain to accom when we get there lol
My insta is @tayamiranda1 if anyone wants to see if we can get a place together.

Just requested to follow you :smile:
Reply 7
Original post by emiliatalbot
Just requested to follow you :smile:

Did you get accommodation after?
Reply 8
Original post by username6375142

Reply 9
Original post by MattKZ
I haven't got any accomodation either, only accomodation the cheapest private ensuite accomodation that the uni recommends is over £40pw more are for 51 weeks which makes is over 4k more. Thats all gone now and i can only fond stuff for £200pw plus. The uni really needs to think better by supporting the students with help or building more because its just not right to have so many people not in accomodation.

Did you get allocated accommodation after?
Reply 10
Original post by SianW262
Hi, I have missed out on accommodation too and have been looking for private halls and housing but everything has sold out or is set at an unaffordable price so I am really struggling to find anywhere.

Reply 11
I just came across this. Thanks to all those who contributed.

We did get accommodation awarded on Friday 1st September. It was Thursday 24th August was when we originally got told accommodation had run out. It was an anxcious 7 days. We will never know whether the email to Kerry Mathews did the trick. But we were mighty relieved on Friday 1st to get an offer of a room in Cathedral court at a time when very few accommodation offers were being made.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending