The Student Room Group
Coventry University
Coventry University
Coventry
Visit website

Tips for Coventry University Clearing!

Hello, my name is Jade I am a 3rd Year Midwifery student and Student Ambassador for Coventry University! Clearing is now open and I am here to give you some tips to help you during this process!

I went through Clearing in 2019, and originally felt I wasn’t going to get into University, however one of the advisors at Coventry University was so helpful & discussed all my options. This was amazing as I didn’t know there were so many alternative entries and ways to study at Coventry University and it has led to me getting on my dream degree! Feel free to ask any questions, I was in the same stressful boat as you and I’m happy to help 😊

Tip #1: Have Your Clearing Contact Details Ready to Go

This sounds like quite a simple tip, but honestly makes all the difference when your adrenaline is high. You can simply go through our Coventry University website and find our clearing hotline number which is: +44 2476 888 888. By calling this number, you will be directly contacted with an advisor who can give you advice and support during this time.

Tip #2: Keep Your Results Close

It’s really important that you can easily tell the adviser your grade results, and let them know what course you’re interested in. This allows us to see if you have met the entry requirements for your chosen course, and if not give us the opportunity to discuss any alternative courses that you might be eligible for.

You can also calculate your UCAS points easily via this link: UCAS points calculator | Coventry University

Tip #3: Ensure Your UCAS Account is Available

Make sure that you have logged into your UCAS Hub, with your personal details and UCAS personal ID to hand, this allows advisers to give you an offer directly via your UCAS account. It may be that you originally get a verbal offer via telephone, but it should reflect on your UCAS account within the following 24 48 hours.

Tip #4: Stay Calm!!

Easier said than done. It is so hard to stay calm, the days leading up to results day and the actual day you’re a bag of nerves, I know I was! When you’re speaking to an advisor, stay calm and be able to communicate clearly so the process is easier for everyone. It might help to prepare yourself with some questions beforehand, rather than trying to remember and forgetting. Remember we are here to help!

Tip #5: Check Your Course is Available and Register For Clearing:

Finally, it is really important to check if your course will be open for clearing this academic year. If your course is available, simply register your interest via this link: Register your interest for Clearing 2023 | Coventry University

Courses eligible for clearing: A-Z Clearing Courses List | Coventry University

Best of luck,
Jade x
Do you guarantee accommodation for clearing applicants?
Coventry University
Coventry University
Coventry
Visit website
Original post by PQ
Do you guarantee accommodation for clearing applicants?

Hello @PQ

I hope you're well. Please accept my apologies for such a delayed response. Accommodation is guaranteed for students applying through clearing! :smile:

Kind regards
Jade :smile:
Cov Uni Student Ambassador
(edited 8 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest