The Student Room Group

Interview tips for midwifery degree

Hi all I’ve got my interview for midwifery starting 2023 next week and just wondered if there’s any tips I could get. Haven’t had an interview in so long! Will be a mature student and interview is with university of Bedfordshire.
Original post by bubblinbee84
Hi all I’ve got my interview for midwifery starting 2023 next week and just wondered if there’s any tips I could get. Haven’t had an interview in so long! Will be a mature student and interview is with university of Bedfordshire.

There is some advice on a similar thread:

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7305052
Original post by bubblinbee84

Hello @bubblinbee84

I hope you're well! I am a 3rd year student midwife at Coventry University and thought it would be useful to give you some quick tips!

1. Be yourself and be confident
2. Show your enthusiasm for midwifery
3. Have an answer for 'why do you want to study midwifery?'
4. Have a general understanding of: NHS 6Cs, Better Births report
5. Briefly familiarise yourself with current affairs in midwifery (Ockenden report, East Kent report) - only very brief!
6. Be able to communicate clearly with the interviewers!

Best of luck :smile:
Jade
Cov Uni Student Ambassador
Reply 3
thank you. I had my interview yest! Hopefully I done ok!

(Original post by Coventry University Student Ambassadors)Hello @bubblinbee84

I hope you're well! I am a 3rd year student midwife at Coventry University and thought it would be useful to give you some quick tips!

1. Be yourself and be confident
2. Show your enthusiasm for midwifery
3. Have an answer for 'why do you want to study midwifery?'
4. Have a general understanding of: NHS 6Cs, Better Births report
5. Briefly familiarise yourself with current affairs in midwifery (Ockenden report, East Kent report) - only very brief!
6. Be able to communicate clearly with the interviewers!

Best of luck :smile:
Jade
Cov Uni Student Ambassador

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending