The Student Room Group
Coventry University
Coventry University
Coventry
Visit website

Still waiting for Coventry University to confirm my place after results day

I have put Coventry University as my firm choice. And on my Ucas Hub, I am still waiting for confirmation from Coventry. But my insurance choice has confirmed my place straight after I got my results at 8.15am.
On UCAS website, it stated that it takes up to 24 hours to process and update applications.

Does anyone who applied to coventry have the same problem?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by kc3203
I have put Coventry University as my firm choice. And on my Ucas Hub, I am still waiting for confirmation from Coventry. But my insurance choice has confirmed my place straight after I got my results at 8.15am.
On UCAS website, it stated that it takes up to 24 hours to process and update applications.

Did you meet the offer requirements of your firm choice (Coventry), or were you a "near miss" where that have a decision to make? What about your insurance?

If you met your insurance offer, then it'll have been immediate. However, it sounds like Coventry might actually have a decision to make (assuming you're a "near miss":wink:.

I'd call them now (Phone: 02477 656 565) and ask them for an update. Office hours are 8am to 8pm GMT Monday to Friday, 10am to 4pm GMT Saturday and Sunday. So they're available right now. (See "Current applicants and students" on this page.)
Coventry University
Coventry University
Coventry
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by DataVenia
Did you meet the offer requirements of your firm choice (Coventry), or were you a "near miss" where that have a decision to make? What about your insurance?

If you met your insurance offer, then it'll have been immediate. However, it sounds like Coventry might actually have a decision to make (assuming you're a "near miss":wink:.

I'd call them now (Phone: 02477 656 565) and ask them for an update. Office hours are 8am to 8pm GMT Monday to Friday, 10am to 4pm GMT Saturday and Sunday. So they're available right now. (See "Current applicants and students" on this page.)

Thank you for your reply. I have met all the conditions stated on the offer letter, the grades, my GCSE English and all the documents. I have called them for several times and they kept saying that they are dealing with large amount of applications and I do understand that. However, all of my friends have already got their confirmation from other universities. I am very worry about it and once they haven't confirm my place, there will also be a delay on accommodation application...
Original post by kc3203

Hi, i had the same problem as you, i called them so many times to find out what's wrong, in the end i had to phone 02477652222 to sort out my confirmation although the waiting time was 26 minutes to 29 minutes. Try that number and see if you have any luck!
(edited 1 year ago)
Reply 4
Thank you for your reply. I have tried to ring them and they still ask me to wait for a couple days. And for every calls, the waiting time were over 40 mins…Would you mind telling me when did you call them and when did they confirm your place??
Original post by pinkengineer
Hi, i had the same problem as you, i called them so many times to find out what's wrong, in the end i had to phone 02477652222 to sort out my confirmation although the waiting time was 26 minutes to 29 minutes. Try that number and see if you have any luck!
Original post by kc3203
Thank you for your reply. I have tried to ring them and they still ask me to wait for a couple days. And for every calls, the waiting time were over 40 mins…Would you mind telling me when did you call them and when did they confirm your place??

I called them on Friday just after 4, and they confirmed my place on Saturday. Try and call them after 3 because it's late then so there will be fewer people trying to call them.
Original post by kc3203

Hi @kc3203,

Thank you for your message.

It's great to hear there's support from others to help :smile:

It seems like there's a delay on the university's side in processing and updating the system! Hopefully, with a bit of nudge from your end, you're able to get your firm choice confirmed and sorted!

If you're experiencing further delays or issues please let me know. I hope everything gets sorted as soon as possible.

Veronica
Reply 7
It has been a week already. And I am so disappointed with how the admission team communicate…It is unbelievable that I am still waiting for confirmation after 2 weeks. All of my friends from my school have already enrolled with their uni…I am the only one that still waiting…It’s nearly 12/9. I hope the admission team can take it more seriously..

Original post by kc3203
Original post by kc3203
It has been a week already. And I am so disappointed with how the admission team communicate…It is unbelievable that I am still waiting for confirmation after 2 weeks. All of my friends from my school have already enrolled with their uni…I am the only one that still waiting…It’s nearly 12/9. I hope the admission team can take it more seriously..

Call them up again, they have had more than ample time to update UCAS.

Your place should have been confirmed on the day or very close to it.

I wouldn’t hang up until your application is checked & confirmed.
Original post by kc3203

Do you live far from Coventry? I think it's best if you go and see them personally in the hub to try and sort it out, my friend has n unconditional offer from Coventry since she can remember and she still is waiting for the confirmation
Original post by kc3203

Exactly the same with me and I'm getting really stressed from it now. Every time I call it's the same answer, that the admissions team is really busy and I should hear in a few days....so then i call again in a few days and it goes on an on
Original post by nkirwan1402
Exactly the same with me and I'm getting really stressed from it now. Every time I call it's the same answer, that the admissions team is really busy and I should hear in a few days....so then i call again in a few days and it goes on an on

I'll respond with the same answer. Do you live far from Coventry? I think it's best if you go and see them personally in the hub to try and sort it out, my friend has an unconditional offer from Coventry since she can remember and she still is waiting for the confirmation
Original post by nkirwan1402

Hi, I am currently experiencing the same as you. Just wondering if you were able to sort everything out just before the course started ? I'm really worried right now. Thanks and will really appreciate any advice you could give.
I am in the same exact situation same uni and everything. I don’t know what to do whether to withdraw and just go through clearing. And I’m worried about it. It’s only been a day but I can’t help but feel really concerned
Original post by Yourmumsfavourit
I am in the same exact situation same uni and everything. I don’t know what to do whether to withdraw and just go through clearing. And I’m worried about it. It’s only been a day but I can’t help but feel really concerned

Good morning - could you please send us a DM with your Student ID and we will look into this for you. Thanks

Just to note that you don't have the option to release yourself into clearing unless you are placed at a uni. You're currently reliant on Cov either accepting or rejecting you.
Original post by Coventry University
Good morning - could you please send us a DM with your Student ID and we will look into this for you. Thanks

I unfortunately am unable to send a DM is there another way to get in contact?
Reply 17

Same here, the weird thing is that when I contacted the coventry clearing whatsapp number just to check, they gave me an offer, and later got an email saying: "secure your place by adding the choice on ucas clearing" but I am not in clearing as my normal application is still pending (with the same exact course) .
(edited 8 months ago)
Original post by Ppoooopp
Same here, the weird thing is that when I contacted the clearing whatsapp number just to check, they gave me an offer, and later got an email saying: "secure your place by adding the choice on ucas clearing" but I am not in clearing as my normal application is still pending (with the same exact course) .

That’s what’s confusing me as I can’t Go into clearing without them declining or accepting me. Good accoms And clearing spaces are going. I’ve called them twice and both times they have said that I will be updated in two hours to no avail. So I just don’t know what to do.
Original post by Reggietheroach
That’s what’s confusing me as I can’t Go into clearing without them declining or accepting me. Good accoms And clearing spaces are going. I’ve called them twice and both times they have said that I will be updated in two hours to no avail. So I just don’t know what to do.

Have you met your offer conditions or are they considering you as a near miss?

Quick Reply

Latest