The Student Room Group

Tips for Clearing

Hello, my name is Jade , I am a Final Year Midwifery student and Student Ambassador for Coventry University! Clearing is now open and I am here to give you some general tips to help you during this process! I went through Clearing in 2019, originally felt I wasn’t going to get in to University at all and was frightened about my future, however one of the advisors at my University was so helpful & discussed all my options. This was amazing as I didn’t know there were so many alternative entries and ways to study here and it has led to me getting on my dream degree! Feel free to ask any questions Clearing, I have been in the same stressful boat as you and am happy to help 😊

Tip #1: Have Your Clearing Contact Details Ready to Go

This sounds like quite a simple tip, but honestly makes all the difference when your adrenaline is high. You can simply go through your desired University’s Clearing hotline, by going on their website and getting in touch with an advisor. By calling them, you will be directly contacted someone who can provide support during this time and help you weigh out your options.

Tip #2: Keep Your Results Close

It’s really important that you can easily tell the advisor your grade results, and let them know what course you’re interested in. This allows us to see if you have met the entry requirements for your chosen course, and if not give us the opportunity to discuss any alternative courses that you might be eligible for.
You can also calculate your UCAS points easily here!

Tip #3: Ensure Your UCAS Account is Available

Make sure that you have logged into your UCAS Hub, with your personal details and UCAS personal ID to hand, this allows advisors to give you an offer directly via your UCAS account. It may be that you originally get a verbal offer via. telephone, but it should reflect on your UCAS account within the following 24 48 hours.

Tip #4: Stay Calm!!

Easier said than done. It is so hard to stay calm, the days leading up to results day and the actual day you’re a bag of nerves, I know I was! When you’re speaking to an advisor, stay composed and be able to communicate clearly so the process is easier for everyone. It might help to prepare yourself with some questions beforehand, rather than trying to remember and forgetting. Remember, they are here to help!

Best of luck,
Jade x

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending