The Student Room Group

I am becoming a Midwife thanks to Clearing... AMA!

Hello everyone, my name is Jade I am a 3rd year Midwifery student and Student Ambassador! I applied to Coventry University through clearing and was successful in getting a place to complete a Foundation year in Applied Biosciences at CU Coventry. I met the conditional offer to study Midwifery through the completion of this Foundation year, and here I am now!

I originally applied to Coventry University, but was unsuccessful based on my predicted grades so I knew I would automatically go through Clearing. The advisors were very helpful in telling me my options and I am glad I listened because I will be a qualified midwife in a few months! If it wasn’t for Clearing, I would never have known about the options available & potentially missed out on studying at university.

It is so easy to feel discouraged about the Clearing process, but there is always someone to help & it is an easier process than you think. Please feel free to ask me any questions you may have about clearing in general. 😊

Finally, click here for some useful Clearing tips! - (19) Tips for Clearing - The Student Room

Kind regards,

Jade 😊
Original post by Coventry University Student Ambassadors

Hello everyone, my name is Jade I am a 3rd year Midwifery student and Student Ambassador! I applied to Coventry University through clearing and was successful in getting a place to complete a Foundation year in Applied Biosciences at CU Coventry. I met the conditional offer to study Midwifery through the completion of this Foundation year, and here I am now!

I originally applied to Coventry University, but was unsuccessful based on my predicted grades so I knew I would automatically go through Clearing. The advisors were very helpful in telling me my options and I am glad I listened because I will be a qualified midwife in a few months! If it wasn’t for Clearing, I would never have known about the options available & potentially missed out on studying at university.

It is so easy to feel discouraged about the Clearing process, but there is always someone to help & it is an easier process than you think. Please feel free to ask me any questions you may have about clearing in general. 😊

Finally, click here for some useful Clearing tips! - (19) Tips for Clearing - The Student Room

Kind regards,

Jade 😊

Best and worst thing about studying Midwifery? :holmes:
Oh, and perhaps you could help this Midwifery applicant who has a question about personal statements?
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7384219
Original post by Coventry University Student Ambassadors

Kind regards,

Jade 😊

Hi Jade

I would like to ask you why you decided to make this thread in the applications, clearing and ucas forum and not the nursing and midwifery forum :smile:
Original post by PQ
Hi Jade

I would like to ask you why you decided to make this thread in the applications, clearing and ucas forum and not the nursing and midwifery forum :smile:

Hello PQ,

Even though Clearing was a catalyst to be starting my career as a midwife, I am open to helping a variety of those who need guidance with clearing, not just aspiring midwives. I hope this helps :smile:
Original post by 04MR17
Best and worst thing about studying Midwifery? :holmes:

Hello,

I hope you're well. I would say the best thing about midwifery is being able to be a pillar of support for so many families during this huge change in their life and being able to help them! I would say the hardest thing during midwifery is the fact that you are doing the same hours as a qualified midwife and the same roles & responsibilities, within a student's capabilities & under direct supervision, but it is unpaid! University is expensive in general but when you are not being paid for your work at placement it can be quite upsetting, but you end up getting used to it :smile:

Kind regards,
Jade :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending