The Student Room Group

how do I delete/edit posts?

I'm trying to delete/edit a post and have no idea how to do it
Original post by voquru822
I'm trying to delete/edit a post and have no idea how to do it

There should be an option underneath your post in the thread to edit it, and you can delete a post through that way too. If you want to delete an entire thread you've created (rather than just an individual post) you may need to post in the Ask the CS forum (as just deleting the first post of a thread can cause odd things to happen with the rest of the thread!) :smile:
(edited 9 months ago)
Reply 2
so I can only (by myself) edit and delete posts that are not the first post in the thread? got it! :smile:
Reply 3
wait, I still don't see the edit button. Is it because I'm new?
so I can only (by myself) edit and delete posts that are not the first post in the thread? got it! :smile:

You can delete the first post in a thread but it makes weird things happen so best to ask in the AtCS forum :smile:
wait, I still don't see the edit button. Is it because I'm new?

I don't think so, it should be next to the "quote" button?
If you are struggling you can use the report flag to ask a mod to remove your own post.
Reply 6
I don't see an edit button, I just see thumbs up and report on the left, and reply on the right.
I must be doing something wrong
Reply 7
I don't see an edit button, I just see thumbs up and report on the left, and reply on the right.
I must be doing something wrong

Im assuming you did not post the message you are referring to as Anonymous? If so there will be no Edit button, otherwise there should be one at the bottom of your post.
Reply 8
Original post by lalexm
Im assuming you did not post the message you are referring to as Anonymous? If so there will be no Edit button, otherwise there should be one at the bottom of your post.

I'm not seeing any button on any of the messages I've posted in this thread either!
Reply 9
I'm not seeing any button on any of the messages I've posted in this thread either!

Strange. Maybe it’s the way your mobile phone or other device is displaying it.

Might be helpful to take a screenshot of the page you are seeing so others can see what you're looking at, as I'm not sure why it wouldn't be showing :s-smilie:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending