The Student Room Group

Got 3 D's in Year 12 END-OF-YEARS, and IDK what to do next

so i got 3 D's in my EOY's (Maths, Physics, Psychology) and my teachers have given me two choices:

1. I resit Year 12 (which is something I really don't want to do
2. I continue on into Year 13 and revise a LOT over summer, and really try and improve my grades as much as possible

I need at least a BBC to get into the uni course I want to study (Mechanical Engineering - Foundation Year @ University of Manchester) . I can also get a CCC to study Mechanical Engineering - Foundation Year @ University of Surrey, but I'm leaving Surrey as a "safe option".

Any advice on what I should do? Is it achievable to push my grades up, even though Year 13 Maths and Physics look like pure hell? What about clearing?

Any advice would be appreciated
Reply 1
Original post by jaffa06
so i got 3 D's in my EOY's (Maths, Physics, Psychology) and my teachers have given me two choices:

1. I resit Year 12 (which is something I really don't want to do
2. I continue on into Year 13 and revise a LOT over summer, and really try and improve my grades as much as possible

I need at least a BBC to get into the uni course I want to study (Mechanical Engineering - Foundation Year @ University of Manchester) . I can also get a CCC to study Mechanical Engineering - Foundation Year @ University of Surrey, but I'm leaving Surrey as a "safe option".

Any advice on what I should do? Is it achievable to push my grades up, even though Year 13 Maths and Physics look like pure hell? What about clearing?

Any advice would be appreciated

It’s certainly doable and it’s fairly normal to increase by one grade from your end of lower 6 result. With plenty of hard work and focus, you should be able to get CCC or even better than that e.g one or two Bs.
(edited 9 months ago)
Reply 2
I’d say 3Ds to the grades you need is achievable. You’ll have to work your arse off mind. I wouldn’t repeat year 12, better to give it your best slot and see where you land. You can always repeat then if things don’t work out
(edited 9 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest