The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Bookworm524
The new thread version looks sterile, it's all the same blue and white. I miss the colours on different buttons: visually the colours really help to navigate a page, and now they're gone.

Yeah I’m not a fan of the lack of colour.
Reply 21
Agree do not like new layout.Can I be sent back to normal Tsr!
Reply 22
Original post by Holger23
Agree do not like new layout.Can I be sent back to normal Tsr!

Original post by Evil Homer
We’ve just launched our brand new member’s thread experience to a small section of our newly registered users. :woo:

If you’re seeing an announcement at the top of this page saying “You are on our new thread experience” - then you are one of the lucky few! Right now we’ve only given access to a few new users, as the first release is an MVP (Minimum Viable Product). This means that we are still adding new features and functionality to it, which we’ll update on in this thread.

Doing a phased release like this allows us to gather feedback and make this experience even better before opening it to more users.

If you are on the new experience, we would love to hear what you think of it. What are your first impressions? Anything you particularly like? Is there something you'd want to see improved? Your input is invaluable!

Thank you for being part of this incredible journey with us! 🙌 We can't wait to hear your thoughts! 🗣️

Hi it is Scotney.System signed me out and while going through process of signing back in I changed my user name instead of my password as writing was too small.Help!!!I need my username back!
Hi it is Scotney.System signed me out and while going through process of signing back in I changed my user name instead of my password as writing was too small.Help!!!I need my username back!

Post in AtCS, they can do this for you :yep:
Reply 24
Original post by 04MR17
Post in AtCS, they can do this for you :yep:

Hi what is AtCS?Regards Scotney.
Reply 25
Now I am getting told I have liked too many posts today.What is going on with this new thread experience.Personally having a nightmare!
Hi what is AtCS?Regards Scotney.

Ask the Community Staff:
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=1217
Reply 27

Thanks I have emailed them.Hopefully they can sort it out as I am currently posting as my 🐾😔!
Reply 28
I also keep being taken to the start of threads instead of latest post.
Reply 29
I am also finding my notifications still show as unread when I have read them.
Reply 30
Problems repping and being taken to start of threads persist Most problematic in big threads like Oxford and Cambridge Applicants,Parents,Wordle.Also keep seeing error replying to thread a lot
Reply 31
Have lost ability to edit posts once entered.
Reply 32
Error replying to post everytime now Can post if retry.
Yeah I think that they should have added more features before rolling out the update (as in having all the features completed before release) as it lacks things such as advanced reply (something I like to use a lot), the TSR search functionality is poor (I don’t like it because it’s ironically less accurate), no emojis etc.

I think that it was a bad idea to release the update to experienced users especially with these features missing.
Reply 34
Original post by Talkative Toad
Yeah I think that they should have added more features before rolling out the update (as in having all the features completed before release) as it lacks things such as advanced reply (something I like to use a lot), the TSR search functionality is poor (I don’t like it because it’s ironically less accurate), no emojis etc.

I think that it was a bad idea to release the update to experienced users especially with these features missing.

PRSOM as I cannot rep.Did they try this out themselves at all !
Original post by Talkative Toad

Or just new users in general as you can’t attach images (not good if your trying to ask for help for a question in study help). You can technically bypass this via using a 3rd party website like imgur (https://imgur.io/) but how many new users will know about that?

I’m glad that I’m not forced to use the update as such core features are missing.
Original post by Scotney

PRSOM as I cannot rep.Did they try this out themselves at all !

Don’t know but I know that the functionality is poor at the moment in my opinion compared to Showthread2
Old news but I'm devastated at the the old search function being gone. The new one is horrendous, the layout is confusing and messy and the search function itself is really really bad. Multiple times I've tested this out by deliberately searching a word or phrase which I saw in a recent thread only to find that the most recent result found by the search function is for a thread more than a year old often times. And I don't know what happened to the feature that allowed you to specifically search for people's usernames but I can't find that anymore either.
Reply 38
Original post by Sorcerer of Old
Old news but I'm devastated at the the old search function being gone. The new one is horrendous, the layout is confusing and messy and the search function itself is really really bad. Multiple times I've tested this out by deliberately searching a word or phrase which I saw in a recent thread only to find that the most recent result found by the search function is for a thread more than a year old often times. And I don't know what happened to the feature that allowed you to specifically search for people's usernames but I can't find that anymore either.

PRSOM!
Reply 39
Original post by Sorcerer of Old

People have been reporting the same problems for a month and they all remain.Let us out!Did not sign up for trial and do not want to be part of it .

Latest

Trending

Trending