The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Scotney
People have been reporting the same problems for a month and they all remain.Let us out!Did not sign up for trial and do not want to be part of it .

This is a trial?? I thought this was just the new search function for everyone, and permanent.
Reply 41
Original post by Sorcerer of Old
This is a trial?? I thought this was just the new search function for everyone, and permanent.

Yes we have been especially selected.I was offered chance to join but did not volunteer to do so.
Original post by Scotney
Yes we have been especially selected.I was offered chance to join but did not volunteer to do so.

Oh wow, well get me off this thing too then because I didn't ask or volunteer for this lmao!!
Old news but I'm devastated at the the old search function being gone. The new one is horrendous, the layout is confusing and messy and the search function itself is really really bad. Multiple times I've tested this out by deliberately searching a word or phrase which I saw in a recent thread only to find that the most recent result found by the search function is for a thread more than a year old often times. And I don't know what happened to the feature that allowed you to specifically search for people's usernames but I can't find that anymore either.

Agreed strongly unfortunately. Sometimes I’ll type something but the “correct” search result fails to come up sometimes I think. Are you on the new version of TSR or old/“current” version? I can explain how to get the old search if you’re on the old version I think.

Anyways here’s a link to get the old search (I would bookmark this): https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/search.php?query=
Just need to click on the link and it works the same way as the old search, just type in the blank box
Original post by Talkative Toad
Agreed strongly unfortunately. Sometimes I’ll type something but the “correct” search result fails to come up sometimes I think. Are you on the new version of TSR or old/“current” version? I can explain how to get the old search if you’re on the old version I think.

Anyways here’s a link to get the old search (I would bookmark this): https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/search.php?query=
Just need to click on the link and it works the same way as the old search, just type in the blank box

Not sure what version I'm on but that link works for me and shows the old way, thanks! Still can't search for username though : ''((
Old news but I'm devastated at the the old search function being gone. The new one is horrendous, the layout is confusing and messy and the search function itself is really really bad. Multiple times I've tested this out by deliberately searching a word or phrase which I saw in a recent thread only to find that the most recent result found by the search function is for a thread more than a year old often times. And I don't know what happened to the feature that allowed you to specifically search for people's usernames but I can't find that anymore either.

The old Advanced Search is still available - if you know where to find it. It's at https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/search.php?type=advanced.
Reply 46
Original post by DataVenia
The old Advanced Search is still available - if you know where to find it. It's at https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/search.php?type=advanced.

Point is we should not have to find it!This is presumably meant to be an upgrade not a downgrade!Thanks though.
Not sure what version I'm on but that link works for me and shows the old way, thanks! Still can't search for username though : ''((

Do TSR look like this for you (new version):
IMG_0595.jpeg
Or like this? (Showthread2/old version):
IMG_0593.jpeg
(edited 7 months ago)
Reply 48

At least you guys can rep!I cannot even do that!
Do TSR look like this for you:
Attachment not found

Or like this?:
Attachment not found

The second one but sometimes when I click on a thread it'll randomly be in the first format which I hate so much and have to click off it.
(edited 7 months ago)
Original post by Scotney
Point is we should not have to find it!This is presumably meant to be an upgrade not a downgrade!Thanks though.

Agreed. Personally I think foisting a "minimum viable product" on anyone, let alone experienced users, is a mistake. The new version should be demonstrably better - such that people are clamouring to move to it. I suspect it's been released before it's ready primarily to justify what is likely to have been a considerable development effort thus far. That's fine as long as it's voluntary. (I switched temporarily before realising that so much was missing as to make it a thoroughly unpleasant experience.)
Agreed. Personally I think foisting a "minimum viable product" on anyone, let alone experienced users, is a mistake. The new version should be demonstrably better - such that people are clamouring to move to it. I suspect it's been released before it's ready primarily to justify what is likely to have been a considerable development effort thus far. That's fine as long as it's voluntary. (I switched temporarily before realising that so much was missing as to make it a thoroughly unpleasant experience.)

Fully agreed here
Original post by Scotney
Now I am getting told I have liked too many posts today.What is going on with this new thread experience.Personally having a nightmare!

Could you let me know the specific error you're seeing, please? The rep limit is unrelated to the new thread experience as it's set at a site level, but I can have a look into if it's happening when it shouldn't be! :smile:
Original post by Scotney
I also keep being taken to the start of threads instead of latest post.

Could you please give some more detail on when this is happening, please? Is it on certain notification types, for example?
Original post by Scotney
Have lost ability to edit posts once entered.

Is the edit button not showing for you, or does the functionality not work when you click it?

This should not have been rolled out to any experienced users at this stage - I'm going to do some investigation today as to why some appear to have been pushed onto it!

The second one but sometimes when I click on a thread it'll randomly be in the first format which I hate so much and have to click off it.

That’s weird then.
Original post by RainbowLapras

This should not have been rolled out to any experienced users at this stage - I'm going to do some investigation today as to why some appear to have been pushed onto it!

I think that it shouldn’t have been pushed onto new users/accounts either. What about experienced users who have previously deleted their account or forgotten their password and come back on under new account? New users who want to help other users out but find out that there’s not enough functionality.

What about new users who rely on needing to be able to upload an attachment in study help? Because this functionality isn’t there yet.

Also seen people ask “where are TSR emojis”.

Apologies for the harsh response but yeah.

Excellent. I'm sure @Scotney (and their Holger23 alter ago) will be delighted. :smile:
Reply 57
Could you let me know the specific error you're seeing, please? The rep limit is unrelated to the new thread experience as it's set at a site level, but I can have a look into if it's happening when it shouldn't be! :smile:

Could you please give some more detail on when this is happening, please? Is it on certain notification types, for example?

Is the edit button not showing for you, or does the functionality not work when you click it?

If I try to rep I get a red message telling me I have repped too many people today despite me repping no one.
Edit button is not showing.
On my notifications say quoted or mentioned
Also problems replying to threads.Takes a few tries.
Reply 58
Excellent. I'm sure @Scotney (and their Holger23 alter ago) will be delighted. :smile:

🤣🤣🤣Must say am rethinking kitten's name having spent the weekend being called Holger!
Original post by Scotney
🤣🤣🤣Must say am rethinking kitten's name having spent the weekend being called Holger!

:biggrin:

Latest

Trending

Trending