The Student Room Group

University of Surrey or UEA

I want to study computer engineering in one of these Universities and am hoping for your opinions. Which one is better for this field? If you where me, which one will you chose?UEA or the University of Surrey ?
(edited 9 months ago)
They are fairly similar in the rankings so I think it comes down to your personal preferences for the modules on offer and also the vibe of the location. Guildford has closer connections to London job markets, both are sort of market towns in the country (Norwich probably nicer). Guildford seems to have a growing reputation for Computer Science, which may indicate it is doing well.
Not much help!
(edited 9 months ago)
Original post by Masal Winter
I want to study computer engineering in one of these Universities and am hoping for your opinions. Which one is better for this field? If you where me, which one will you chose?UEA or the University of Surrey ?

Hey there @Masal Winter

It's great that you're considering UEA as the place for you :smile: We're a UK Top 25 University (The Complete University Guide) and the course itself is ranked 22nd in the UK. Although it's really important to make sure the course is right for you by looking at the modules etc., I'd also think about things outside the course, such as distance from home and what you want to do after University and how this course can help your future career. UEA has frequent buses from campus to the train station and is only a 2 hours train journey into London, but also has great links to other parts of the country! It's also a campus University meaning that there's a real big sense of community, in fact we have over 200 sports clubs and societies you can join to learn a new skill, join a team or you can start your own society and share your passion with others!

Let me know if you have any other questions!
Isabella (MSc Brand Leadership) :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending