The Student Room Group

university choices

Best non Russel universities for economics and/or finance and accounting? (In London or around London)
Why “non-russell group”. The best universities in that category will have entry requirements higher than many RG universities.
Original post by PQ
Why “non-russell group”. The best universities in that category will have entry requirements higher than many RG universities.

There’s too many things limiting me…
- possibly grades
- i can’t go beyond London
- overlapping subjects
- all of them require maths
Original post by Skittles_beans
There’s too many things limiting me…
- possibly grades
- i can’t go beyond London
- overlapping subjects
- all of them require maths

Any decent economics degree is going to require maths. It’s a quantitative subject.
Original post by PQ
Any decent economics degree is going to require maths. It’s a quantitative subject.

Sadly, I didn’t take it because I didn’t know what to do at the beginning of year 12, so I think a non Russel uni may be better as they apparently teach all the maths needed in first year
What is it about an economics degree that appeals to you?
Do you have any thoughts about what you would like to do after university?
Reply 6
St Andrews
Loughborough
Lancaster
Bath
UEA
Reply 7
Cant you consider a year out and sitting a level maths?

Which subjects are you taking and what are your expected grades?

Why economics?
Reply 8
Whoops, only just seen you wanted inside or around London lmao
Here is a list I prepared a few years ago but most arent in London

Economics without A level Maths

Aberystwyth grade 4
Aston grade 5
Bangor grade 4
East Anglia grade 5
Essex grade 5
Hull grade 4
Kent grade 5
Lancaster grade 6
Leicester grade 5
Loughborough grade 6/7
Nottingham grade 7
Queens Belfast grade A
Reading grade 6
Royal Holloway grade 7
Stirling grade 4
Srathclyde grade 6
Surrey grade 7
Sussex grade 6
Swansea grade 5
Reply 10
Best non Russel universities for economics and/or finance and accounting? (In London or around London)

City Uni, Bayes Business School, is perhaps the best non-RG in London for business related degrees, plus they don't need A-level maths, but entry requirement are AAA. Depends what grades you have.

Economics at City uni however only requires BBB and has no maths requirement, so that's maybe a good option.
(edited 9 months ago)
Original post by lalexm
City Uni, Bayes Business School, is perhaps the best non-RG in London for business related degrees, plus they don't need A-level maths, but entry requirement are AAA. Depends what grades you have.

Economics at City uni however only requires BBB and has no maths requirement, so that's maybe a good option.

I don’t think I’ve ever come across a non Russel uni that required AAA, do you know what the reason for this is??

And thank youu
I don’t think I’ve ever come across a non Russel uni that required AAA, do you know what the reason for this is??

And thank youu

Bath and St Andrews often require higher than AAA and are both non RG. It is down to how competitive a university is and what they feel they need to fill their places.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending