The Student Room Group

Meeting someone from Grindr

I've been talking to someone on Grindr for a few days now. This is my first time being on the app. We want to meet up tomorrow but I can't host because I live with family. He lives alone but he lives a bit far. I want to be safe and I don't want anything bad happening to me so would it be ok if I tell him that I'd send his photo and location to a friend, so it minimizes him hurting me, or should I go another way about it. Anyone have any advice?
Reply 1
All I can say is be as careful as possible- Grindr can be a very scary and unsafe place. I won't tell you to get off the app completely because that would make me a hypocrite. I met my current partner on Grindr and have been together in a great (but totally unexpected!) relationship for nearly two years now, but I must stress that this is rather anomalous for Grindr, it is notorious for having numerous weirdos on it, people who turn out to not be what they say they are on text and this is likely to lead to considerably dangerous situations.
If you are adamant and sure that you would like to hook up, I would strongly recommend that you ensure your trusted friends know your location exactly throughout the whole day and maybe ask them to give you a check-up message at an agreed time?
All-in-all, Grindr can be a very dangerous place, but it can also be the catalyst for something rather beautiful as well. Whilst I do understand that it is rather rare to find a success story on Grindr, do not disregard your gut instinct: if something does not feel or seem right, do not continue on with your actions.
Reply 2
Original post by ak_8888
All I can say is be as careful as possible- Grindr can be a very scary and unsafe place. I won't tell you to get off the app completely because that would make me a hypocrite. I met my current partner on Grindr and have been together in a great (but totally unexpected!) relationship for nearly two years now, but I must stress that this is rather anomalous for Grindr, it is notorious for having numerous weirdos on it, people who turn out to not be what they say they are on text and this is likely to lead to considerably dangerous situations.
If you are adamant and sure that you would like to hook up, I would strongly recommend that you ensure your trusted friends know your location exactly throughout the whole day and maybe ask them to give you a check-up message at an agreed time?
All-in-all, Grindr can be a very dangerous place, but it can also be the catalyst for something rather beautiful as well. Whilst I do understand that it is rather rare to find a success story on Grindr, do not disregard your gut instinct: if something does not feel or seem right, do not continue on with your actions.

I have some options:
1. If I tell upfront them that I'm gonna tell one of my family members where I am will that be fine?
2. I actually have somewhere to go tomorrow as well, so if I tell them that I need to go somewhere after would that be ok?
3. They live in a flat will that make it safer?
4. If I told them that my friend has followed me and I've sent them the location, but are nearby waiting for me, will that minimise any danger?

I do want to meet them, but I am very way.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending