The Student Room Group

Architecture to interior design

I have just completed a 3 years bachelors in architecture (RIBA Part1) but I would really like to switch to the interior design profession rather than to complete the part 2 and 3 journey to becoming a licensed architect. Any advice on how I could search for a job in the field - as a fresh graduate with little experience - to get my foot in the door/ enter the profession with an architecture-designs-dominant portfolio? Are there any firms in London that are more accepting/ supportive of new interns/graduates that might be suitable/ what would be the best step to take considering I would jus like to start working as soon as possible without further education for now.?
Hello,
archistudentnotes here - I am sure a lot of interior design firms will see your experience in architecture as a positive. For your portfolio I would consider doing addition render/drawings to show your interest in interior design and passion for it. I would also recommend looking for interior design firms that lean towards technical work in addition to interior design work as you will have that experience from your architecture degree.

I hope that helps! Any questions message me at archistudentnotes.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending