The Student Room Group

Uni decision

I’m trying to decide between Glasgow School of Art or Northumbria University for Interior Design undergrad. Is Glasgow worth it? I would prefer to stay in England but if Glasgow is that much better then I don’t mind going. I feel like I’d enjoy my time more in England, i’m there right now for my foundation year.
Reply 1
Original post by lamasherif
I’m trying to decide between Glasgow School of Art or Northumbria University for Interior Design undergrad. Is Glasgow worth it? I would prefer to stay in England but if Glasgow is that much better then I don’t mind going. I feel like I’d enjoy my time more in England, i’m there right now for my foundation year.
I'd never heard of Northumbria uni whereas GSA is very well known. I had a quick look at their websites and the Northumbria website says it's about commercial interior design but the gsa course looks like it's not. Which of the courses do you prefer the look of?
Original post by lamasherif
I live in the south east, and I visited Glasgow last October. I absolutely loved the city, it's a great mix of industrial and traditional architecture, and the people/atmosphere of the city is unbelievably friendly. I would definitely recommend visiting for a day or two if you can, it definitely changed my mind about going somewhere new for uni. And the school itself is incredibly prestigious and has fantastic courses
what are your other 3 UCAS choices?
GSA is accredited by SBID but it isn't a centre of excellence https://www.sbid.org/careers-and-training/interior-design-courses/
Northumbria is only "recognised" so the lowest level of recognition

Quick Reply

Latest