The Student Room Group

Can’t find a place for 2nd year

Hello,
I’m going into second year in Kingston uni and I was planning to share with my friend. We’ve been looking for a two bedroom for the past 3 months even longer but haven’t found any that’s within our budget, the ones we found got taken up quickly or made us offer more so we couldn’t get those.
The problem is I start in September and have emailed my uni accom team and they said they can’t provide accom for 2nd years until at least November and that’s not even guaranteed. My friend and I don’t know what to do so if anyone has any suggestions pls let me know. My other friends I was thinking of sharing with have already gotten one together (3 bed)
Original post by Anonymous
Hello,
I’m going into second year in Kingston uni and I was planning to share with my friend. We’ve been looking for a two bedroom for the past 3 months even longer but haven’t found any that’s within our budget, the ones we found got taken up quickly or made us offer more so we couldn’t get those.
The problem is I start in September and have emailed my uni accom team and they said they can’t provide accom for 2nd years until at least November and that’s not even guaranteed. My friend and I don’t know what to do so if anyone has any suggestions pls let me know. My other friends I was thinking of sharing with have already gotten one together (3 bed)

Hi there,

I can't imagine how stressed you must be right now. The only thing I can think of is perhaps looking at accommodation which is not specifically for uni students, or at accommodation which is within commuting distance of your uni as it might be cheaper. Other than that, maybe look for facebook groups where students advertise rooms in their houses. You may not be able to move in with your friend but at least you'd both hopefully find somewhere.

Wishing you the best of luck! Fingers crossed you find somewhere for September.

Rachel- YSJ student rep

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending