The Student Room Group

What's on your travel checklist? Share your tips.

We'd love to hear what you put on your travel checklist before going away on holiday.

What tips have you picked up as a traveller that others might find useful.

To kick things off, here are our top three tips.

Research your destination: check FCDO travel advice for the country you are visiting

Sign up for country email alerts on the link above to get the latest travel updates

Get appropriate travel insurance and check it covers all your activities and places you intend to visit

Original post by Travel Aware
We'd love to hear what you put on your travel checklist before going away on holiday.

Research your destination: check FCDO travel advice for the country you are visiting

Sign up for country email alerts on the link above to get the latest travel updates

Get appropriate travel insurance and check it covers all your activities and places you intend to visit

My top 3 would be:
- checking I've packed the essential stuff (my passport/travel documents/vaccinations)
- packing anything I don't want to lose in my carry on (jewellery/chargers/camera)
- read up on the country to learn more about the customs and culture
Original post by Travel Aware

Probably my top 3 things to do (that haven't already been posted above) would include:

- Making sure that I have a card with a currency I can use in the county/countries I'm visiting. I personally take some cash out in advance just in case but also have Monzo which is great for travelling and easy to apply for.

- Share my planning itinerary with not only the people I'm travelling with but also my friends/family back home. I normally tell them the rough plan before I leave and then also keep them in the loop through sharing my adventures on a photo blog social media called Journi. I know there's lots of other options too and I checked out a few before I found one I liked the formatting for!

- Having things downloaded on my phone so that if my data doesn't work abroad I don't have to wait to connect to somewhere with internet to access things. I normally save all my travel documents and other related documents in files and have screenshots as back up back ups! I've also used Maps like Maps.ME where you can download a map before going somewhere (this really helped in places with low signal or places outside of my phone contract data plan).

Safe travels :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest