The Student Room Group

Most effective way to prep for gcse

Hi guys could anyone share the most effective way to study for gcse at this point of the year?
Hs anyone tried space repetition method?

Tips on biology would be greatly appreciated as well.

Thank you (: wish you good luck with your study
Original post by taco cat yay
Hi guys could anyone share the most effective way to study for gcse at this point of the year?

Don't know if this works for everyone but this is what my sister did (p.s she barely attended school and prepped only a max of two weeks in advance for majority of her subjects):

Print the spec sheet (use as checklist)

Make really concise targeted notes for each spec point

read em notes once

Do all the PPQs you can find

Add mark scheme answers to your notes

Read your notes again

In between all this she read the CGP guide (one chapter a day).

Think because you have a lil longer to prepare to take your time and just space out your PPQs and really understand your notes instead of memorizing em. Hope this helps!
Original post by taco cat yay

Hi 🙂 for biology gcse what I found is that the boards tend to repeat topics and certain questions. Definitely do all the past paper questions from all the years and and look at the mark schemes to see what phrases or keywords will get you marks so you avoid writing so much but you don't get a mark. Also do as much as active recall as you can. What I did was use miss eustrch for biology and her resources where i would read over a certain topic and then do her active recall papers to see what I had memorised and what I had forgotten. 🙂 hope this helped. good luck 🙂

Quick Reply

Latest