The Student Room Group

IB subjects: UCL law

Do you think I can get into Ucl law with this subject combination and scores in ib: HL History, English Literature, Biology and SL maths AA, German B and visual arts, with 43 predicted IB
Reply 2
Subject combination and predicted IB scores look great.

From schoolmates' chatter when we started to receive UCL offers, UCL made offers to applicants with at least LNAT score of 28.
Reply 3
Do you think taking visual Arts arts sl is an advantage or disadvantage? I really love the subject but I heard people view it as weak even though it is a a crazy amount of work.
Original post by BubblesBB
Subject combination and predicted IB scores look great.

From schoolmates' chatter when we started to receive UCL offers, UCL made offers to applicants with at least LNAT score of 28.
Reply 4
Original post by Maximilian11-
Do you think taking visual Arts arts sl is an advantage or disadvantage? I really love the subject but I heard people view it as weak even though it is a a crazy amount of work.

I actually wouldn't worry about that. One, it's an SL and two, you have HL History, HL English Literature and HL Biology, all of which are traditionally academic subjects. Nail a high LNAT score, write a top-notch Personal Statement and best of luck with a glorious reference letter from your school.
Reply 5
Thanks a lot :smile: Did you do the ib or a- levels or something else? (Original post by BubblesBB)I actually wouldn't worry about that. One, it's an SL and two, you have HL History, HL English Literature and HL Biology, all of which are traditionally academic subjects. Nail a high LNAT score, write a top-notch Personal Statement and best of luck with a glorious reference letter from your school.

I actually wouldn't worry about that. One, it's an SL and two, you have HL History, HL English Literature and HL Biology, all of which are traditionally academic subjects. Nail a high LNAT score, write a top-notch Personal Statement and best of luck with a glorious reference letter from your school.
Reply 6
Thanks a lot :smile: Did you do the ib or a- levels or something else? (Original post by BubblesBB)I actually wouldn't worry about that. One, it's an SL and two, you have HL History, HL English Literature and HL Biology, all of which are traditionally academic subjects. Nail a high LNAT score, write a top-notch Personal Statement and best of luck with a glorious reference letter from your school.

I did the IB Dip. M23. :-)
Reply 7
I did the IB Dip. M23. :-)

Did you go into law too?
Reply 8
Did you go into law too?

No. I am going to do MSci Psych. I have friends who are going to do law though.
Reply 9
No. I am going to do MSci Psych. I have friends who are going to do law though.

Nice, maybe you know how long they prepared for the Lnat and what they included in their personal statement? I’m not sure about these.
Nice, maybe you know how long they prepared for the Lnat and what they included in their personal statement? I’m not sure about these.

The amount of time spent preparing for the LNAT is actually very individual. I would say allocate more time to do it than less. I’ve heard them talk about online practices but also know there were one or two who went to enrichment centres that coach students on the LNAT!

There are samples of Personal Statements here on TSR. Check them out.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending