The Student Room Group

Master of Psychology (conversion) course by distance learning

Hi. I hope to enrol in a Master of Psychology (conversion) course by distance learning. My basic degree is in another specialization. I work in Singapore.

Between the university of Leicester and Northumbria university, which would be your choice? Thank you.
(edited 8 months ago)
Original post by Audrey Ho
Hi. I hope to enrol in a Master of Psychology (conversion) course by distance learning. My basic degree is in another specialization. I work in Singapore.

Between the university of Leicester and Northumbria university, which would be your choice? Thank you.

Northumbria.

You'll struggle to find any hard data on the conversion course itself, so I've looked at the in-person BSc Psychology course as a proxy. That may be a fundamentally flawed approach, but it's hopefully better than nothing. Look through the available data, the two universities seems very similar in many respects, but these numbers from the National Students Survey would make me choose Northumbria.

Northumbria University, Newcastle - BSc (Hons) Psychology (source of the below stats)

Northumbria Psychology.JPG

University of Leicester - BSc (Hons) Psychology (source of the below stats)

Leicester Psychology.JPG

Now, as I say, these are from the in-person undergraduate course and so may not reflect how the on-line conversion course is run. But I'd still opt for Northumbria. (Having just checked, the Northumbria course is cheaper too. :smile:)
Reply 2
Many Thanks for your kind assistance, DataVenia Volunteer Team! Appreciate it!

Quick Reply

Latest