The Student Room Group

Friendships between end of 6thform and university

I feel like ever since I finished my last exam I have been in a bit of a lull where feel like everyone is so busy living there life and meeting with friends and having fun and I've just been doing nothing and just existing waiting for results and waiting for university to start. I have a small friend group that are all really busy all the time and I have just been struggling with feeling like they don't have time for me as everytime I try to make plans they are forgotten about or a postponed, but they are such busy people andi feel like I'm making it all up in my head. I would love some advice.
I wouldn't worry about it, your friends are probably busy as end of sixth form is a busy time. It doesn't mean they have forgotten you they just have a lot on at the minute. I would suggest taking control if you're keen to see them and either give them a few dates to catch up or even just catch up over the phone and make sure they're solid plans so they're not forgotten about. Also, let them know how you feel. When you finish school/sixth form and go to university, that is the time when you learn who your true friends are though. True friends are the people that you don't have to talk to for ages but you just kind of pick up where you left off.
Reply 2
Thanks I was feeling really discouraged :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending