The Student Room Group

Stuck!!

So yh I did Economics Maths and Computer Science.

I regret it now because they were extremely hard and it has come to bite me.

So basically I wanna blame the school because we literally finished content for Computer Science and Maths literally 25 days b4 my real exam. But I should of knew that I was gonna struggle the most in my class.

I am predicting that I am gonna get CCD/CDD/CDE/DDD.

The goods news is that I got an unconditional offer at Uni of Roehampton London. So I def got a spot.

I wanna study accounting.

What option is best for me.

I repeat yr13 I am scared that I will go through that anxiety that I think I have developed during exam pressure and I wont make massive improvement. So will be a waste of a year.

Go to university but do a foundation year. IDK if I will benefit from it as its basically A-Level knowledge so it might be a waste of time and money.

Go immediately to first year but do a placement year and many other things to make my CV to stand up to compensate my disadvantage. Also tryna get the highest grade I can at my degree.

So wanna know once I get my degree will employees care about A-Levels.

Will my A-Levels impact me from getting a placement year.

I would personally go to first year.

spoke to the uni students BTW 75% told me go to first year 15% do foundation year and 10% repeat A-Levels.
(edited 8 months ago)
Original post by zayn_24

So basically I wanna blame the school because we literally finished content for Computer Science and Maths literally 25 days b4 my real exam. But I should of knew that I was gonna struggle the most in my class.

The goods news is that I got an unconditional offer at Uni of Roehampton London. So I def got a spot.

I repeat yr13 I am scared that I will go through that anxiety that I think I have developed during exam pressure and I wont make massive improvement. So will be a waste of a year.

Go to university but do a foundation year. IDK if I will benefit from it as its basically A-Level knowledge so it might be a waste of time and money.

Go immediately to first year but do a placement year and many other things to make my CV to stand up to compensate my disadvantage. Also tryna get the highest grade I can at my degree.

spoke to the uni students BTW 75% told me go to first year 15% do foundation year and 10% repeat A-Levels.

I agree with the 75% - start your standard 3-year undergraduate degree using the grades you have.

Work hard at uni, and get the best degree you can. Try to gain work experience, make contacts, etc. whilst at uni to help secure your first job upon graduation.

Note that your CV doesn't even need to contain your A level grades. So unless a potential employer specifically asks for them, they need never know.
Original post by zayn_24

Hi!

I would agree that it is best to go on to first year straight away. Lots of students don't always get great grades at their A-Levels, but it doesn't necessarily impact their studies at university! If you can work hard and get a good result in your degree, then that will be more valuable to employers than your A-Levels. As you have mentioned, if you can get good experience in your field before you leave then that will make your CV stand out even more. Work closely with your universities careers team to try and get work experience/summer internships. Someone with experience will always stand out to employers.

Feel free to ask if you have any further questions.
Mike

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending