The Student Room Group

Help with calling a function - IDEA Silver award

Hello. I'm trying to complete the IDEA Silver award and I'm stuck on the Maker Activation part 2 section. I can't wrap my head around how to "call a function". This is the code I have:

initiate();
function lifeSupportCheck() {

}

The website tells me to "call the lifeSupportCheck() function". Can anyone help me?

Scroll to see replies

I just did this badge and am now stuck on the next bit!

You simply add underneath:

initiate(lifeSupportCheck);
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 2
Ughh thanks this is so hard.. I managed to complete the silver award by finishing everything else though. Give it a try; in the end I didnt even have to complete maker part 2: I still got to 400 points
Luckyyyy. I would happily complete everything else, but for some reason there's 4 buttons that aren't working at the end of the 3rd Worker badge...

When you get to the bit where you have to filter your emails down and then complete the last jobs in your inbox, the filter buttons won't work, I can't click on them, they do nothing. Else I'd have fifty points and no headache! I've emailed them about it.

Did it on Chrome, not sure if it's the site or me that's stopping it from working.
Reply 4
I did it on Safari from my Macbook... it worked. If you think its chrome and you’re using a windows pc then you probably have microsoft edge with windows 10. Try it on that.
Reply 5
Right, you do this;

initiate()
function lifeSupportCheck(){

}
lifeSupportCheck()
Thnx for this
Reply 7
var rooms = [bridge,lab,canteen,cabin,storage]

initiate();

for (i=0;i<rooms.length;i++) {

}
}

lifeSupportCheck()

Can someone please help me with this
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 8

initiate();

}
}

lifeSupportCheck()

Hey I was wondering if you happened to understand how to do this, if yes can you pls explain how to do it. Thank you
Hi, not to give too much away, but if you restart the section and read every detail of the information it actually gives you the answer
Reply 10
I have restarted the section up ten times and I still don't get it. Ive have been trying for up to a week or two.
Sorry if I'm too late but you do:var rooms = [bridge,lab,canteen,cabin,storage]initiate();function lifeSupportCheck() {for (i=0;i<rooms.length;i ) {rooms}}lifeSupportCheck();
var rooms = [bridge,lab,canteen,cabin,storage]initiate();function lifeSupportCheck() {for (i=0;i<rooms.length;i ) {}}lifeSupportCheck();can someone help me with this

initiate();

}
}

lifeSupportCheck();
I've been trying to complete this iDEA quest but i can't complete it, PLS help!
PLS help it doesn't work for me, i tried a lot of different ways but it doesn't work i've been doing this for days but it is not working :

initiate();

}
}
lifeSupportCheck();
(edited 5 years ago)
var rooms = [bridge,lab,canteen,cabin,storage]initiate();function lifeSupportCheck() {for (i=0;i<rooms.length;i ) {rooms;}}lifeSupportCheck();Please can someone help me with the above? It wants me to run the object through the lifeSupportOn() function.
I need help with the third section of this, I looped through soundBlocks, called playSound and passed the correct sound, but it still doesn't work. Here is my code:for (i=0;i<movementBlocks.length;i ) {doMovement(movementBlocks)}var soundBlocks = [crash,happyBeep,whistle];for (i=0;i<soundBlocks.length;i ) {playSound(SoundBlocks)}
do you need to do the + after the i in the loop?
(edited 4 years ago)
OK I JUST GOT IT. The code is basically the movement one but repeated so it looks like this
for (i=0;i<movementBlocks.length;i++){
do movement(movementBlocks)
}
var soundBlocks = [crash, happyBeep, whistle];
for (i=0;i<soundBlocks.length;i++){
playSound(soundBlocks)
}

I think that's what it did, its basically the first loop but with the sound blocks function subbed in instead. If you need help, then look at the hints, copy out those commands then lay them out in the same format as the part you're given

Original post by amurleopard123
do you need to do the + after the i in the loop?
OK I JUST GOT IT. The code is basically the movement one but repeated so it looks like this
for (i=0;i<movementBlocks.length;i++){
do movement(movementBlocks)
}
var soundBlocks = [crash, happyBeep, whistle];
for (i=0;i<soundBlocks.length;i++){
playSound(soundBlocks)
}

I think that's what it did, its basically the first loop but with the sound blocks function subbed in instead. If you need help, then look at the hints, copy out those commands then lay them out in the same format as the part you're given

Original post by wgjc3107
I need help with the third section of this, I looped through soundBlocks, called playSound and passed the correct sound, but it still doesn't work. Here is my code:for (i=0;i<movementBlocks.length;i ) {doMovement(movementBlocks)}var soundBlocks = [crash,happyBeep,whistle];for (i=0;i<soundBlocks.length;i ) {playSound(SoundBlocks)}

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending