The Student Room Group

Why does it taste like that?

I live in west London. Coke, especially Coke Zero seems to have a vinegar like after taste. I also had some potatoes and it had the same so I’m not sure if I’m going mad now. But coke ALWAYS has a vinergarette after taste now it’s become too strong and I actually threw a way a can that was 75% full because I couldn’t bare it. I don’t like food waste so that is saying a lot. Is that an underlying issue or has anyone experienced the same? Can someone try it and let me know!!! I’ve had about 4 cokes maybe 7 maximum in the past three months and I’ve noticed it everytime. I had shweeps watermelon mixer and it was fine.
Reply 1
Is it possible you have/had covid? That can do some odd stuff to your smell and taste. Mine hasn’t been the same since I had covid.
Reply 2
Original post by Flare2695
Is it possible you have/had covid? That can do some odd stuff to your smell and taste. Mine hasn’t been the same since I had covid.

I’ve already had covid in 2021 and a weird symptom was that my nose smelt of vinegar. That’s why I’m quite worried as I feel like tasting a vinegar after taste is linked to an underlying issue? I’ve had some acid reflux lately, I also feel like I might have diabetes for some weird reason. But this vinegar thing has been 100% confirmed with all cokes I’ve drank so far.
Original post by Catlova67
I’ve already had covid in 2021 and a weird symptom was that my nose smelt of vinegar. That’s why I’m quite worried as I feel like tasting a vinegar after taste is linked to an underlying issue? I’ve had some acid reflux lately, I also feel like I might have diabetes for some weird reason. But this vinegar thing has been 100% confirmed with all cokes I’ve drank so far.

I doubt it is diabetes but only a blood test can rule that out. I am guessign it is something to do with covid or the acid reflux. Are you on any medication that might do this to you?

Have you spoken to your gp?

Quick Reply

Latest