The Student Room Group

Could lose my dream job

I've been in my dream job for several months and I love it, I like my colleagues and really enjoy my job.

I am a naturally shy and quiet person, I can't change who I am.

I don't speak much in team discussions, afraid that I will embarrass myself and say something wrong...

My shyness is ruining my career.

I was told by senior management that if I don't speak in team meetings, I will end up losing my job.

They did have other positive things to say about me. I always praise the people in my team, I get along with everyone in my team, I ask questions.

I'm finding this situation stressful and emotional, I really want to improve so I can keep my job.

I really like the people in my team, I have literally nothing bad thing to say.

I do ask questions whenever I'm unsure about things.

Any advice?

Why is there such a burden on shy people? I like listening and observing others rather having the spot light shown on me
Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous
I've been in my dream job for several months and I love it, I like my colleagues and really enjoy my job.

I am a naturally shy and quiet person, I can't change who I am.

I don't speak much in team discussions, afraid that I will embarrass myself and say something wrong...

My shyness is ruining my career.

I was told by senior management that if I don't speak in team meetings, I will end up losing my job.

They did have other positive things to say about me. I always praise the people in my team, I get along with everyone in my team, I ask questions.

I'm finding this situation stressful and emotional, I really want to improve so I can keep my job.

I really like the people in my team, I have literally nothing bad thing to say.

I do ask questions whenever I'm unsure about things.

Any advice?

Why is there such a burden on shy people? I like listening and observing others rather having the spot light shown on me

Do you get an agenda in advance? If so, write down some notes about the items so you are prepared.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending