The Student Room Group

Are they making my position worse?

I feel "a star colleague" in my company is trying to make my position at the company worse.

I'm polite, kind, empathetic and just trying to do the best job possible in the company I work for. Unfortunately I could lose my position because I'm not experience enough

I'm sad about this and I've worked so hard :frown:

I made a tiny mistake on a project I worked on, which could be corrected by anyone on my team.

My "star colleague" was the one who came across the error I made.

The "star colleague" which everyone admires wrote an email to me about my error. They also Cc in everyone on my team including the management team an email about the tiny mistake I made.

The "star colleague" could've changed the correction or just messaged me about my mistake. But they chose to tell everyone.

My other colleagues would message me privately if they came across a mistake.

I think the star colleague knows my situation as this isn't the only time they've tried to get me in trouble.

They are not in a high position than me.

It may sound weird but I think they're jealous that the attention will be on me and not them, when I do leave. I think they are narcissistic

I've not done anything to the "star colleague". I'm only focussing on my job.

Are they making my position worse?
What did your boss say? Is he a very strict boss?

If you guys go well together, then ig there's nothing to worry about.

Perhaps tell your 'star' colleague to not make a 'big deal' if you don't want to lose ur dream role!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending