The Student Room Group

What’s the point in even trying

What’s the point in even applying for an apprenticeship that you’d think would be extremely beneficial for you and you’d have a lot to offer yet you get disheartening messages such as your application won’t be moving forward. I just want to do an apprenticeship to build further skills, gain on the job experience practically and physically within the field of IT and to start a dream career as an IT Support Technician yet I just feel like giving up. I’ve applied to so many places across different resources yet either they don’t come back or the application isn’t positive don’t know what to do no more ;(
Don't give up trying. No matter how disheartened u feel just rmbr there is smthing better for u waiting around the corner :smile:
Ofc its not gonna be easy and I get its difficult and upsetting each time you get denied but that doesn't mean u shud stop trying bc u never know maybe all ur current ones got denied so that u wud apply to a different place which will give u the best and happiest experience.
my advice wud be to keep trying and trust in the process, Inshallah you get the one best for u
Don't give up. Always try no matter what. You got this.
Original post by fatimak0046
Don't give up trying. No matter how disheartened u feel just rmbr there is smthing better for u waiting around the corner :smile:
Ofc its not gonna be easy and I get its difficult and upsetting each time you get denied but that doesn't mean u shud stop trying bc u never know maybe all ur current ones got denied so that u wud apply to a different place which will give u the best and happiest experience.
my advice wud be to keep trying and trust in the process, Inshallah you get the one best for u

Original post by GraceClareB
Don't give up. Always try no matter what. You got this.

Thank you :smile:
Original post by Mohammed_80
Thank you :smile:

No problem

anytime. hope it goes well 🤞
Original post by fatimak0046
anytime. hope it goes well 🤞

Legend
Legend

doesnt let me rate u but jus pretend im doin that 😂
Reply 9
What’s the point in even applying for an apprenticeship that you’d think would be extremely beneficial for you and you’d have a lot to offer yet you get disheartening messages such as your application won’t be moving forward. I just want to do an apprenticeship to build further skills, gain on the job experience practically and physically within the field of IT and to start a dream career as an IT Support Technician yet I just feel like giving up. I’ve applied to so many places across different resources yet either they don’t come back or the application isn’t positive don’t know what to do no more ;(

i know people who have applied for 100-200 apprenticeships, and only then get their dream job. Similarly, i know people who've only applied twice and get their dream job. everyone is on different timelines and what's meant for you will come your way, regardless of how quick or long it takes, so even now when it's taking long is even more of a reason not to give up! hope all goes well :smile:
Original post by duduudud
i know people who have applied for 100-200 apprenticeships, and only then get their dream job. Similarly, i know people who've only applied twice and get their dream job. everyone is on different timelines and what's meant for you will come your way, regardless of how quick or long it takes, so even now when it's taking long is even more of a reason not to give up! hope all goes well :smile:

I’ll keep doing that thank you :smile:
Reply 11

Apprenticeships are extremely competitive. Sometimes even more than jobs or graduate placements. I got countless rejections in my first round of applications. Many places didn't even bother with telling me I was rejected, my application was just stuck in limbo. You have to improve your application and interview skills. On my second round of applications I got many interviews and even multiple offers so I had the privilige of being able to choose which company I'd prefer to do my apprenticeship with. Don't lose hope, reflect on what you could do better.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending